Switch to full style
Non-Gimp related posts here
Post a reply

Re: Thoughts and prayers for Jolie

Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Please tell Jolie we are all thinking of her and are just waiting for the day that she will be better.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi Ann and Jolie. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing for better news and hoping for better. Thank you Ann for keeping us updated.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:06 am

Best wishes from me too.
Judging by her cheerful voice in her tutorials she must be very young.
It always makes me feel kind of guilty being an octogenarian still relatively healthy while someone young suffers a severe illness.
Gerard.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:55 am

gerard82 wrote:Best wishes from me too.
Judging by her cheerful voice in her tutorials she must be very young.
It always makes me feel kind of guilty being an octogenarian still relatively healthy while someone young suffers a severe illness.
Gerard.

Such is life, and her fickle ways, my friend.

Get well soon Jolie!

Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:56 am

I'm trusting that Jolie soon gets well...must be some hellish bug thats gotten into her system the poor thing

Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:44 am

All my prayers are with you both.I feel so helpless at times like this. :\

Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:54 am

I'm curious, is the same young lady whose voice I hear in the GimpTricks video tuts on youtube?

Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:29 am

Yes Mrbiggz, that is our Jolie.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:40 am

Oh wow! :(

Ann (Jolies mom) from one care giver to another I know your plight. I've been my wife's care giver going on 12 years now. I can sympathize with your feelings and frustrations but I can also be with you in the strength of spirit. It 's takes a lot!

I've seen my wife go through two bouts of fungal infections of the blood, one staph infection and a handful of simpler infections all stemming from different types of central lines.

The best thing in the fight is the power of the positive. I've had to stay the most positive to keep my wife positive and I know it's a struggle. But in the end it kept my wife's will to be alive in full gear! I don't know Jolie except from her voice in the video tutorials but she sounds like a fine young lady that has a strong will and if confident.

I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. Both you can Jolie be strong!

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:44 am

That is beautiful MrBiggz, I know Jolie will appreciate this immensely.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:24 pm

my best wishes for a full recovery.
Dan

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:56 am

Any news here????

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:57 am

Jolie I'm still with you...hope you are starting to go into recovery mode... I owe you so much for your wonderful tutorials in helping me gain confidence with GIMP! Hurry back to good health and rejoin us here! xoxo

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:58 am

I actually thought about her the other day too Pauline. Hope Jolie is getting better and still wish her well.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:09 am

Yes Lyle and Akky, I have been thinking of her too, a lot lately. I think we all have.

Jolie, I hope you see all these posts and know that we couldn't ask for anything more than to see you back with us before the New Year.
It would be a great Christmas present to hear your voice or see you pop up in one of the posts, saying "Hi-Guys"

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:34 pm

Amen to that, Molly. Jolie, we miss you! Get well!

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:38 pm

I have not heard anything more.
My thoughts and prayers are also with her and her family.

That would be a wonderful Christmas present to see her post just once here.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:44 pm

I, too, think of Jolie a lot. All we can do is hope and pray and wait. I do hope she feels the love send from all over the world.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Sorry it took so long before you heard anything about Jolie from me.
Jolie is still very ill. She can hardly tolerate sound and light.
She is still too weak for serious drugs. It is a terrible situation. She lies in bed for months now very quiet with nothing to do. We are still looking for doctors who might be able to help. She tries to keep hope, but it is very difficult.
She missis her computer and all of you.
Jolie and I thank you for your support and attention. We appreciate that you all think of her and pray for her. Please keep praying , I kwow you do. Thanks.
Jolie send her greetings to all of you.
Ann-momjolie

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Thank you for keeping us posted, Ann! I really appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I will continue to keep Jolie in my prayers. Please let her know that she is missed and loved here at GIMP Chat.
Post a reply