It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I have been away for a while
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:49 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Hey guys, just wanted to say that i'm sorry i haven't been on in a while. I know it sounds crazy to say i'm sorry for not logging in. but i just felt a need to say that. I use to really love this time of year. Christmas has always been my time of the year. but Christmas for me hasn't been that great in years. I'm not trying to depress any one here. just saying. i truly love this site. i hope each and everyone of you have a very Merry Christmas. And a Happy New Year. I am hoping that in 2014 i can get back to where i want to be. i think things are heading in that direction. i will say, i have an idea. a new piece of work with gimp that i am planning on doing. i have yet to start it. haven't had the time to start it. i sometimes feel like i never get to finish what i start. i lose interest in things so fast now. it comes and goes in the snap of a finger. that's why my tiger painting is still un-finished. hope no one thinks bad of me. anyways, i love you guys. Hope you are doing well and staying safe.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: I have been away for a while
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:34 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

rdgracer71: wondered where you had gone to. merry christmas and a happy new year to you as well! it's easy to loose interest in things quickly when you're a bit down, it's normal - and it gets better!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:41 pm  (#3) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
Well you're back aren't you, and that says something. Hang in there... :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:04 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Founder

Merry Christmas to you as well, rdgracer71. I'm looking forward to seeing your new work!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:54 am  (#5) 
Script Coder

Hi rdgracer71.

If it can comfort you, know that I as well happen to have the same regret as you about the inability to be as active as I would like to in this forum.
There are so many ideas I wish I could put into action with GIMP and share in this forum, but unfortunately several hindrances often restrict me from doing that, such as the lack of time, the fact of sharing my internet connection with other people and lastly, in my own case, the slight problem of writing in a language different than mine, which for instance prevents me from replying to any request faster and more frequently than I usually do.

I really hope you may finish your GIMP related projects within the desired period, in the best way possible and, above all, by having fun. I look forward to seeing the results.

Thanks for your lovely words and thoughts. :)

Last edited by Gino D on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:58 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Life can be a wild roller coaster ride at times rdgracer71 and I wish I could wave a magic wand and cure all ills but sadly, we somehow have to find our own way through things. I hope to see you back and in good form in the new year - I like your work and I'm missing seeing it. Relax for now though - it's Christmas. Have a good one!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:27 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

Merry Christmas Rd, I could've almost written that post as well, so keep your chin up and we will all plod on through together supporting each other as best we can.