It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I splurged.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:33 pm  (#21) 
GimpChat Member

I've played plastic, rubber and Crystal Griatch. I've had a crystal since high-school. I broke it back in 2005 (one in Highschool) and bought my last one which cost me $180 (in Highschool, I bought an O'Brien (out of business now) for around $25. lol). Lots of folk liked the O'Brien; I definitely did so too. Liked my Vandoran crystal as well but it busted on me on a very cold outdoor concert a year ago Christmas. I bought the rubber for $120 (refuse to use plastic; call me an elitist then. lol) and it's OK, but not me as I mentioned. Crystals just make such a more pure tone to my ears and that's what matters to me. Not sure about this new psychedelic technology crystal; time will tell. lol

:)

Psalm 109:8

Post subject: Re: I splurged.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:21 pm  (#22) 
GimpChat Member

Mouthpiece came in today; very happy I am. It plays well. It also indeed changes colors depending on the light. In the kitchen, it was pink; in my bathroom, it was a dark purple; in my bedroom, it was sort of a purplish pink color. lol

Hope to have years of fun with this mouthpiece. It again has the monicker of Wizard so maybe it will perform some magic with my playing too. lol

:)

Psalm 109:8