It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Knock on wood….
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:17 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

wish me luck, I am about to upgrade my mac OS to Mavericks. I need to be upgraded in order to get the new Yosemite OS that is coming out in the fall. It will allow me to coordinate all my apple products to be linked together. I do worry that Mavericks will miss my McGimp up, but if so, I will just have to deal with it.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Knock on wood….
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:01 pm  (#2) 
Global Moderator

sounds confusing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:58 pm  (#3) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
Save all the good stuff somewhere else before you do the upgrade.
You know what I mean?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:10 pm  (#4) 
Global Moderator

Best of luck with your upgrade 2-ton

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:05 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Founder

Back up and good luck, 2-ton. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:33 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Whew, took a lot longer than I thought it would, but it's done and everything seems ok...It's late so I won't be testing Gimp until tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:13 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

Well, oops. Looks like Gimp only partially works now. The basic Gimp works, also G'Mic seems fine, but I have no script-fu, therefore I only have none of the scripts that I installed, like under file>create there is not logo choices. The files are all there in my users gimp folder, just no script-fu in my menu or in my gimp users folder. There is also no script-fu in the filters menu. Soooo, anyone have a clue as to how to add back my script-fu?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:16 am  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

2-ton wrote:
Well, oops. Looks like Gimp only partially works now. The basic Gimp works, also G'Mic seems fine, but I have no script-fu, therefore I only have none of the scripts that I installed, like under file>create there is not logo choices. The files are all there in my users gimp folder, just no script-fu in my menu or in my gimp users folder. There is also no script-fu in the filters menu. Soooo, anyone have a clue as to how to add back my script-fu?

Sounds like your script-fu.exe is missing. I am not certain what it would be named in Mac.
Have you asked Partha to compile the new scrolling interface script-fu src files tux re-wrote?
Tell him he can get it here.
http://gimpscripts.com/2014/06/script-f ... interface/

Good luck with everything.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:53 am  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

Rod, I did email Partha, and he has started helping me fix my gimp. It will take a while, but I was able to actually do something in terminal for the first time, lol. If my gimp gets working, then I can ask about the script-fu scroll. I probably should use this time to update my old gimp on the pc, just in case. One question, does it work to just trash the old gimp and install the new, or do I need to go hunting for wayward files that are stashed somewhere besides the gimp folder?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:57 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

so...Partha managed to help me get mcgimp working with a script-fu again, but now I have a very strange problem...anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller? when I try to save a new file, only certain keys will type in the name line...here is a screen shot of the name I could make by typing across the keyboard, l to r, top to bottom. What is in the filename are the only keys that would react, the rest of them would not. Any clues?
*just realized that what is happening, is that the keystroke shortcuts are enabled when I am trying to type in the new filename, and I don't want them. I need to turn them off, but I do not know how.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:20 pm  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

I would say use Tux's version of Script-fu.exe, but don't see it as a compiled plugin there. Hope you get this figured out; not sure if you have any access to files from your old setup to get the executable back. Good luck regardless 2-ton. I'm sure it will get resolved soon.

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:22 pm  (#12) 
GimpChat Member

I am bugging Partha again, since it is McGimp that I use. I knew updating to Mavericks would be a hassle, but didn't think it would be this annoying of a hassle! At least it's a problem that I can work around for now, even though it means I have to save as untitled, the go in and rename it through the file system. Argh.

So I figured this out for now. I went into preferences>shortcuts, and disabled every single one of them. At least my keyboard works as I want it, and I never use shortcuts anyway...too many to remember!