It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Very very sad day in Sydney
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:37 pm  (#1) 
Global Moderator

Apologies for bringing a sad tone to Xmas, but its been a very very sad day/night here in Sydney.

Its devastating to hear that two people died at the hands of this crazy religious terrorist, one a mother of three young children - such a waste and all for what? The fact that this gunman was out on bail for a number of other serious crimes, and was also guilty of writing vitriolic letters to the families of Australian servicemen killed in Afghanistan, tends to show that maybe our justice system does not work as well as it should.

A sad sad day.

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Very very sad day in Sydney
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:41 pm  (#2) 
Global Moderator

Yes OMG that was a very terrible thing, sorry to hear it. It is all over our news too here in Canada. This world is getting crazier all the time, everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:46 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

I'm sorry about this, I heard about it and it upset me a lot. Why nuts like this get out on bail in any country but people who shop lift a piece of gum (a contrast crime not a literal case)get no bail is beyond me. :\

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:00 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Very sorry that Australia is getting hit with familiar problems too (trying to refrain from getting political). :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:09 pm  (#5) 
Global Moderator

Never heard the outcome. When I was last watching the news they were showing the same thing over and over. Thanks for the update OMG.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:32 pm  (#6) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
If the justice system fails us, what do we do?
That's our last bastion of hope, to assist us in fighting these atrocities in todays society.
We need to be able to protect ourselves from this type of heinousness.
If the government can't do it... then we need to protect ourselves as best we can.
If the government doesn't allow us to protect ourselves, then it's time for "Revolution". :cuss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:40 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Founder

Sorry to hear about the events in Sydney but the inevitable has occurred and the thread has veered into the political. Closed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]