It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Generate some lottery numbers based on what i had for breakfast
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:39 pm  (#1) 
Script Coder

Based on the string you enter, you'll get 6 numbers from 1 to 49 (program can be easily altered for any lottery i guess).
So it could be what you've had for breakfast, (or anything really! Your favorite TV show, your full birthday, anything) that will give you numbers for.

What the program does is it takes the ordinal value of the first character of your string and uses as a seed for the random generator. Then for each letter in your entered string(s), it'll take the ordinal value of that letter/character and call the random generator to get the numbers that many times, and when the letters are all used up you end up with a list of 6 numbers that far down the seed line(not sure how to explain it). It is case sensitive, so "Cheddar" and "cheddar" will give different numbers.

Now you can say things like buying "Bacons and eggs" for your upcoming lottery draw...hehehe

http://tinyurl.com/m8jn5ru <--- facebook page, the link to the simple python is on that page's url in the About section. Once you see the program, click triangle on top left corner to run program and enter anything you'd like and see numbers generated on the right half in your browser.

This shouldn't increase/decrease your chances at winning/losing. But it's more fun because you could now buy "Santa" for your upcoming XMAS draw.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Generate some lottery numbers based on what i had for breakfast
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:32 am  (#2) 
Script Coder

This actually decreases your chances of winning big (but not your chances of winning).... Either the output is not fully dependent on your input (for instance because they also take in account the time) and this program is no better than a true random generator, or the output is strictly determined by your input (the fun being that it's not predictable, at least the first time around). Then since most people are like-minded, there is a significant chance that someone somewhere will use the same words as you, and thus will play the same numbers, so you are more likely to have to share the prize.

Post subject: Re: Generate some lottery numbers based on what i had for breakfast
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:59 am  (#3) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
ofnuts wrote:
This actually decreases your chances of winning big (but not your chances of winning).... Either the output is not fully dependent on your input (for instance because they also take in account the time) and this program is no better than a true random generator, or the output is strictly determined by your input (the fun being that it's not predictable, at least the first time around). Then since most people are like-minded, there is a significant chance that someone somewhere will use the same words as you, and thus will play the same numbers, so you are more likely to have to share the prize.

That sound like something we might hear Derren Brown saying. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:43 pm  (#4) 
Script Coder

ofnuts wrote:

You're 100% correct.
But I guess nothing is stopping people from playing "jibber jabber" or "klmtrsx" or some other cryptic string hehe. which is like selecting your favorite numbers, since other people could have favorite numbers the same as you too.
It's meant to increase the fun-level when buying lottery tickets.
You're absolutely right about having to share the prize though if they select a popular word(s).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:22 pm  (#5) 
Script Coder

Now available as an android app for your mobile devices.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=free.getme.numbers.lottonoodle
hehehe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:39 pm  (#6) 
Script Coder

Additional features in mobile app:

- Added generated numbers for Powerball (for American lotto players).
- Added an extra set of numbers that are generated based on GPS Location and Noodle/String combination so that different users using the same Noodle/String can get unique numbers based on their GPS location(s).