It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Here's how to reset Edge.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:15 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I had a weird issue when I repaired my Win10 install. Edge would launch extremely slowly. Doing a bit of searching, I ran across the thread below:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... progeneral

Mr. Happy's solution worked, but seemed ridiculous that you have to do this to reset Edge to it's defaults (of course doing this means you literally loose everything to do for your browser including your favorites, so back those up before doing this).

First you need to delete the following folder:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Note once I deleted the folder, the folder was still there so deleted it again, then it was gone.

Of course your edge will no longer work.

Now, run powershell as administrator and type the following command:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}

Launch edge (will be slow at first launch) and then all was well when I closed and relaunched. Now I have the new car smell for both my Win10 OS and Edge.

Still, I usually use my Virtualbox Win XP for browsing but do occasionally (at risk to me) use Edge. lol

Psalm 109:8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati