It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mouth is still numb.
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:58 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Well; I'm now one tooth less. Dentist told me that my wisdom tooth will eventually migrate to replace it; we shall see. Doesn't hurt yet, but I do have a prescription for Tramadol which, if I need it, I will take it. :)

Psalm 109:8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Mouth is still numb.
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:05 pm  (#2) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
lylejk wrote:
Well; I'm now one tooth less. Dentist told me that my wisdom tooth will eventually migrate to replace it; we shall see. Doesn't hurt yet, but I do have a prescription for Tramadol which, if I need it, I will take it. :)

Wisdom,
I think not...

Good luck with the tooths.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:21 pm  (#3) 
Script Coder

Oh, I thought it was due to playing the clarinet too much (IIRC, you play that one?). This happens very quickly if you play this

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 pm  (#4) 
Global Moderator

Hope you don't 'need' it Lyle. Also hope it heals quickly.

I detested dentists that much that I had all my teeth removed when I was in my 20's. And because of medication making them like chalk.
Thought that would be that but unfortunately I still have to visit them a few times every 20 years

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:44 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

I feel your pain, I've had to have several teeth removed over the years. I have my semi-annual cleaning on Friday and always worry they will find something to torture me with.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:52 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Outch; sorry that you had to go through that, 2-ton. Numbness is now all gone and do have some pain, but tolerable for now (so not going to take the drugs if I can help it, but it's there if I cannot). I do have a high threshold for pain. Was going to drink a Slimfast for dinner this evening (purchased for for nearly $7; freaking rediculous, but didn't want to go to Wal-Mart after waiting for Wal-Greens to fulfill the prescription, so splurged there; lol). Well, I ate some Mac&Cheese instead (soft; the order was to eat soft foods; maybe not Mac&Cheese, but I didn't eat anything today other than a Chick-fil-a sandwich with waffle fries and Diet-Coke (Zero) so I was, well, hungry (had that for breakfast after my near 4 mile mall walk; my mall's Chick-fil-a doesn't serve breakfast unfortunately). Prior to my supper, it was 10:20am since I last ate, so, again, I was hungry. Hopefully having an appetite is a good sign. lolol

:)

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:45 pm  (#7) 
Global Moderator

2-ton wrote:
I feel your pain, I've had to have several teeth removed over the years. I have my semi-annual cleaning on Friday and always worry they will find something to torture me with.

LOL, that is so funny 2-ton... I am terrified of dentists.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:46 pm  (#8) 
Global Moderator

lylejk wrote:
Outch; sorry that you had to go through that, 2-ton. Numbness is now all gone and do have some pain, but tolerable for now (so not going to take the drugs if I can help it, but it's there if I cannot). I do have a high threshold for pain. Was going to drink a Slimfast for dinner this evening (purchased for for nearly $7; freaking rediculous, but didn't want to go to Wal-Mart after waiting for Wal-Greens to fulfill the prescription, so splurged there; lol). Well, I ate some Mac&Cheese instead (soft; the order was to eat soft foods; maybe not Mac&Cheese, but I didn't eat anything today other than a Chick-fil-a sandwich with waffle fries and Diet-Coke (Zero) so I was, well, hungry (had that for breakfast after my near 4 mile mall walk; my mall's Chick-fil-a doesn't serve breakfast unfortunately). Prior to my supper, it was 10:20am since I last ate, so, again, I was hungry. Hopefully having an appetite is a good sign. lolol

I feel for you Lyle. It will get better each day.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:26 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

An update. Well, I did take one of the pills last night (pain was keeping me from sleeping); took around an hour (not the 30 minutes I thought it would) but the pain indeed went away and I got sleepy too; slept like a baby last night (6.5 hours sleep; normally only get 4 and a one hour cat nap if lucky). Might try another one this evening though I'm not in any pain now actually. lolol

edit:

Well; here's a link to what was my back molar. Don't click if you easily get queasy. lolol

https://s19.postimg.org/h8csybmsz/blob.png

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:03 pm  (#10) 
Administrator

lylejk wrote:
An update. Well, I did take one of the pills last night (pain was keeping me from sleeping); took around an hour (not the 30 minutes I thought it would) but the pain indeed went away and I got sleepy too; slept like a baby last night (6.5 hours sleep; normally only get 4 and a one hour cat nap if lucky). Might try another one this evening though I'm not in any pain now actually. lolol

edit:

Well; here's a link to what was my back molar. Don't click if you easily get queasy. lolol

https://s19.postimg.org/h8csybmsz/blob.png

:wow
That's quite a tooth!

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:28 pm  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

Well, the filling, if memory serves me correctly, was the one Uncle Sam gave me in order to get me from UN Class 3 to UN Class 2 so I could go with my unit overseas to play in the desert. lol

If so, that was 26 years ago, so the filling held quite well since you and me both know fillings don't last forever. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:55 pm  (#12) 
GimpChat Member

So that's the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help me blob?? :rofl

My Sigs = My Photos
Check out my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomastergreg.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:05 am  (#13) 
Administrator

PhotoMaster wrote:
So that's the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth, so help me blob?? :rofl

Nice one!
:hehe

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:16 am  (#14) 
Global Moderator

Glad its getting better Lyle. :)
lol @ Photo Master

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:51 am  (#15) 
GimpChat Member

PhotoMaster wrote:

lolol

Yeah; I copied the file from my email (emailed some friends my tooth and just have to copy paste directly into the email client when I do that. When I saved the image form my email client's sent mail, it saved it as bob. lol

You got me Greg; you got me. lol

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:32 pm  (#16) 
Script Coder

I am missing 2 teeth near the wisdoms too, 1 next to the lower left wisdom, and 1 one away from the lower right wisdom.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:04 pm  (#17) 
GimpChat Member

Hey, Tran. My Dentist told me that the wisdom tooth would eventually migrate to where the empy socket now is. Did your tooth ever migrate? :)

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:10 pm  (#18) 
Script Coder

I don't know I only have those two pulled out for like 1.5 month or so.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:31 pm  (#19) 
GimpChat Member

lol; looks like you beat me to the tooth pulling punch then. ;)

I shared my picture; do you have one of yours? lol

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:49 pm  (#20) 
Script Coder

what? picture? no! I saw the first one and didn't want to see the second one because the first one looked grows and bloody.
Plus they were full teeth when they were yanked.
They previously got root canal long ago when i was little don't remember then, i got temporary filling on them and then stopped going to dentist for like 8 years after moving to Victoria, and during that time the temporary filling part broke off. Then got infected then that forced me to go see dentist.