It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: hi gimp chatters :)!
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:11 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

long time since i posted something on here!

in any case, for those of you who know me and may have been wondering how i am and what i'm up to: i'm on full time sick leave from my job due to exhaustion and i've had some physical ailments as well, but i'm fine otherwise - just not in the mood for web forums, however fun and rewarding. i haven't been gimping much, apart from making the odd collage now and then, instead i play around with paper, glue and scissors as well as my lovely jewellery making materials. i have long interesting conversations with erisian over endless cups of tea (that would be me) and coffee (erisian, of course. i can't seem to get him into good habits!) and when my brain gets over heated after spending time in noisy and crowded places i play sims 2. yep, that's right, i said sims2 :). it may seem a bit odd for someone who's in her forties and when the game has moved on to version 4 long ago now, but i enjoy it and it helps me relax and wind down. i'm not the only one either, i've come across quite a few people who play and who make custom content for the game. some of them use gimp to image edit their mods, and as gimpers you should all be proud of them - they do a great job, and get a lot of others interested in gimp :)!

here's the reason i post, though: i have this dream of making a whole load of new paintings for sims' houses and sharing them on one of the sims2 forums, and my idea was to showcase other gimpers' artwork on those paintings. would any of you be willing to share your images like that? tell me if you would, and what images of yours you would let me use, and i'll download them from here, put them in a nice frame on a little painting that can decorate my sims' houses (they are very picky and only take the best kind of artwork, hehe), and when i have a decent amount of those paintings done, i will zip them up and post the zip in a sims2 forum so other sims (or at least the people who play those sims!) can enjoy them. in the zip i will of course include a textfile with all credits so people know who made what picture!

i have to go now, my old coffee junkie of a husband is waiting for me - but take good care of yourselves and happy gimping :)!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: hi gimp chatters :)!
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:36 am  (#2) 
Script Coder

Sounds fun.
Too bad i don't have good art to share. Otherwise i would definitely want to feature in a video game.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:31 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Hi Anmal,
I'm extremely glad to hear from you again after so much time.
Sorry to hear about your past sickness during the last period, but that is past and you're now fine, good!
I did not understand whether you like to have from people here contributions in terms of photos of houses from where you will produce paintings or paintings which you will enhance and adapt to that purpose.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:24 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Glad to hear from you, AnMal. We have all missed you here. Take care.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:48 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Hi AnMal! =)

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:53 pm  (#6) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
Nice to hear form you AnMal.
:jumpclap

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:40 pm  (#7) 
Global Moderator

Anmal (& Erisian) - very good to hear from you; sorry about your ailments but get well quickly. Echo the sentiments about mising your contributions ... in fact, I have a glass paisley just for you that I have been waiting to post ... but GC uploading is still broken :hoh

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:48 pm  (#8) 
Global Moderator

Hello Anmal,
Too long it has been. I miss your paisleys.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

Happy to see you post again, Anmal; hope you heal well and soon. My bet is Erisian will do his part with that as well. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:42 am  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
Happy to see you post again, Anmal; hope you heal well and soon. My bet is Erisian will do his part with that as well. :)

I'm working on it :)

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:04 am  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

:ghug thanks everyone! yep, erisian is working on it and doing a great job. he's spoling me rotten, actually!

trandoductin: what do you mean you don't have good art? :hoh how about letting me steal some of those morph thingies you did, where you aligned faces and other things perfectly and morphed them together? and that's only one example, i know you've made lots of stuff that would look great hanging on a sim wall :).

sallyanne & omg: oh i miss the paisley thread! when the uploading is fixed i hope that thread will blossom again and i promise to drop by and post some :).

dinasset: i'm good at confusing people :). i mean: please, can i steal some of the art you've posted here and make tiny little frames for it, and when i've got enough of your artwork stolen and framed can i share it in a forum where other sims-players can download it to use in their games? oh dear, i'm really no good at explaining things! too many words, too little thought, i suspect.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:34 am  (#12) 
GimpChat Member

AnMal wrote:
:ghug thanks everyone! yep, erisian is working on it and doing a great job. he's spoling me rotten, actually!

dinasset: i'm good at confusing people :). i mean: please, can i steal some of the art you've posted here and make tiny little frames for it, and when i've got enough of your artwork stolen and framed can i share it in a forum where other sims-players can download it to use in their games? oh dear, i'm really no good at explaining things! too many words, too little thought, i suspect.

No, it's me, English is not my daily Language and have sometimes difficulties in understanding people who speak (write) better English than me.
On the subject: if you like something among my "artwork" posts you may "steal" all you find interesting for your objectives.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:39 am  (#13) 
GimpChat Member

Please feel free to use any of my posts if you find them interesting!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:26 pm  (#14) 
GimpChat Member

I'm so happy to know from you AnMal. I missed you so much as you are so creative and so kind. I hope you have success on your next purpose and enjoy doing it. Thanks for your message to us all. :yes :)

Gimp 2.10.30(samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:37 pm  (#15) 
GimpChat Member

issabella: thank you, you always say nice and encouraging things!
dinasset & animicule: thanks for that, i will indeed grab some of your stuff.