It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Nik Collection
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:17 am  (#11) 
Global Moderator

rich2005 wrote:
sallyanne wrote:
Yes I did but I don't think I have it in the right place. i still don't see any (greyed out even) links . - Is Shell out in Gimp 2.10 or do we have to add it as well?

Where do I find instructions for installing it into gimp?

The 'nik' python plugins are set up for the default 64 bit Nik installation.
No need for shellout, each python plugin is its own 'mini' shellout.

check list:

You have the partha gimp 2.10 installed?

The google nik collection installed in default location?
C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\..folders-with-64-bit-filters... example: https://i.imgur.com/Gtqtufe.jpg

Do you get any error messages along the lines of "missing msvcp110.dll"? You need the visual C distributable installed.

A quick test, generally works, got a strange tiff notification message with the silver plugin but still worked.

Thank you Rich - I will probably need to download Nik and gimp again to put it in gimp then. I thought I had partha's gimp but it doesn't say so in 'about' - I must have got this one from the gimp.org page. Whiich is probably why I don't see any 'greyed out links'. I downloaded the collection again last night and have it as a 'stand alone' my desk top. I won't download it again until after 2.00 am Saturday morning as month is nearly up and so are my peak hour download/uploads. I rarely use the off peak so I will do it with them next time. - Don't know how it works there but our peak hours are 10am - 2am and off peak 2am - 10am. Unfortunately I am not a morning person or that would suit me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:27 am  (#12) 
GimpChat Member

You should not need to download NIK again, (Save bandwidth, Save the Planet ;) )
It is a monster file 450 MB. If you installed to the default location then Partha's Gimp 2.10.6 std ( 140 MB) should pick it up. Just check in C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\ that you have those 64bit folders, as the earlier screenshot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:10 am  (#13) 
GimpChat Member

I started off many years ago with expensive and slow dial-up internet which is why I still do posts 'off-line'.

If you have NIK installed to default location see: https://i.imgur.com/WUTKTSD.jpg & as earlier posts.

In a regular Gimp 2.10.6 - from gimp.org - unpack the attached zip and put the six folders in the Gimp profile plugins folder C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins as: https://i.imgur.com/nI8ov7Y.jpg Keeping plugins in folders with the same name as the plugin is the approved way in Gimp 2.10

Does it work? It does here:

Might save you a few hundred MB of downloads.

Attachments:
NIK-plugins.zip [13.17 KiB]
Downloaded 498 times

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:06 am  (#14) 
GimpChat Member

rich2005 wrote:
I started off many years ago with expensive and slow dial-up internet which is why I still do posts 'off-line'.

If you have NIK installed to default location see: https://i.imgur.com/WUTKTSD.jpg & as earlier posts.

In a regular Gimp 2.10.6 - from gimp.org - unpack the attached zip and put the six folders in the Gimp profile plugins folder C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins as: https://i.imgur.com/nI8ov7Y.jpg Keeping plugins in folders with the same name as the plugin is the approved way in Gimp 2.10

Does it work? It does here:

Might save you a few hundred MB of downloads.

Thanks Rich, that worked for me in a regular GIMP 2.10.6 Installation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:14 am  (#15) 
GimpChat Member

rich2005,

I get an error when using the Nik Collection for gimp 2.10.10. The gimp version I have is Windows and it's from gimp.org

I still get errors with the nik collection even when using it with shellout:

Does this collection work with gimp 2.10.10 on windows 64 bit? I ask because I installed the zip files & nothing works. Do I have to install the download 1.2.11 for the Nik Collection to work properly?

I have both shellout and Nik Collection installed but the Nik Collection still doesn't work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:19 am  (#16) 
GimpChat Member

mackenzieh wrote:
rich2005,

I get an error when using the Nik Collection for gimp 2.10.10. The gimp version I have is Windows and it's from gimp.org
[ Image ]

I still get errors with the nik collection even when using it with shellout:
[ Image ]

Does this collection work with gimp 2.10.10 on windows 64 bit? I ask because I installed the zip files & nothing works. Do I have to install the download 1.2.11 for the Nik Collection to work properly?

I have both shellout and Nik Collection installed but the Nik Collection still doesn't work.
[ Image ]

I had the same problem and had to fix each py file to read the correct install directory. They did not install into Google/Nik Collection. Just Programs/Nik Collection.
Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:34 am  (#17) 
GimpChat Member

FIRST: Be sure your executables installed here.
C:\\Program Files\\Nik Collection\\... EXAMPLE

C:\\Program Files\\Nik Collection\\Color Efex Pro 4\\Color Efex Pro 4 (64-Bit)\\Color Efex Pro 4.exe

THEN:
Find this line in each Nik Collection python file. (usually around line #85-#87.
I used Notepad ++ to edit.
# Build command line call
  command = "\"C:\\Program Files\\Nik Collection\\Color Efex Pro 4\\Color Efex Pro 4 (64-Bit)\\Color Efex Pro 4.exe\"" + " \"" + tempfilename + "\""
  args = shlex.split(command)

And change the path to the correct directory install. Be sure and KEEP the double left slashes! All i had to do was REMOVE ...
Google\\

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:59 pm  (#18) 
GimpChat Member

Rod wrote:

C:\\Program Files\\Nik Collection\\Color Efex Pro 4\\Color Efex Pro 4 (64-Bit)\\Color Efex Pro 4.exe

THEN:
Find this line in each Nik Collection python file. (usually around line #85-#87.
  command = "\"C:\\Program Files\\Nik Collection\\Color Efex Pro 4\\Color Efex Pro 4 (64-Bit)\\Color Efex Pro 4.exe\"" + " \"" + tempfilename + "\""

And change the path to the correct directory install. Be sure and KEEP the double left slashes! All i had to do was REMOVE ...
Google\\

[ Image ]

Rod,
I have the zip files of the Nik Collection installed here:

Do I have to install the full Nik Collection as well? If not, here is what the shellout code I have looks like:

Here is where I have shellout installed:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:11 pm  (#19) 
GimpChat Member

mackenzieh wrote:
Rod wrote:

THEN:

Google\\

[ Image ]

Rod,
[ Image ]

Do I have to install the full Nik Collection as well? If not, here is what the shellout code I have looks like:
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

You do not have to install python files into a folder named the same as the python file. GIMP WILL see them in the plug-ins folder. ONLY executables need to be in a folder directory.
Furthermore you do not need the Shellout python file to run the Nik Collection. Each Nik Collection python script calls how Shellout does.
Just make sure each python file is pointing to the install directory for each executable Nik Collection folder (under 64 bit) that you installed.
You DO need the Nik Collection installed. The python files point to each executable and load them. According to the one you choose in the GIMP menu. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:45 pm  (#20) 
GimpChat Member

Rod wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:
Rod wrote:

THEN:

Google\\

[ Image ]

Rod,
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

You do not have to install python files into a folder named the same as the python file. GIMP WILL see them in the plug-ins folder. ONLY executables need to be in a folder directory.
Furthermore you do not need the Shellout python file to run the Nik Collection. Each Nik Collection python script calls how Shellout does.
Just make sure each python file is pointing to the install directory for each executable Nik Collection folder (under 64 bit) that you installed.
You DO need the Nik Collection installed. The python files point to each executable and load them. According to the one you choose in the GIMP menu. :)

Rod, I got the Nik Collection to work.. give or take a few warnings due to the .tiff files. So far, the plugins seem to be working as they should.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:25 pm  (#21) 
GimpChat Member

mackenzieh wrote:

Rod, I got the Nik Collection to work.. give or take a few warnings due to the .tiff files. So far, the plugins seem to be working as they should.

Great! :hi5 They are really cool programs to add to GIMPs toolbox for sure. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:36 am  (#22) 

I can email link for Nik collection. 1.2.11 .... still trying to get it to work here myself. I don't know what Shellout is or pspi. Do I need either of these installed in Gimp 2.10.12