It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Morphing Video Clips
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:16 pm  (#1) 
Script Coder

I was wondering why I am so drawn to Morphing Video clips and wanting to make my own.
I asked ChatGPT this:
me:--------------------------------------
does watching morphing videos increase creativity since it's show steps or transitions of one form into another
ChatGPT:--------------------------------
Watching morphing videos can indeed stimulate creativity for several reasons:

Visualization of Transitions: Morphing videos show the step-by-step transformation of one form into another, which can help viewers understand the process of change and adaptation. This can inspire creative thinking about how different elements can be combined or altered.

Engagement of Imagination: The fluid and often surprising transitions in morphing videos can spark the imagination, encouraging viewers to think outside the box and explore new ideas.

Learning Through Observation: By observing the transformations, viewers can gain insights into techniques and methods that they can apply to their own creative processes, whether in art, design, or problem-solving.

Inspiration from Novelty: The unique and often unexpected nature of morphing sequences can introduce viewers to new concepts and perspectives, broadening their creative horizons.

Enhanced Pattern Recognition: Watching morphing videos can improve pattern recognition skills, as viewers learn to anticipate and understand the gradual changes and connections between different forms.

Overall, morphing videos can be a valuable tool for fostering creativity by providing visual stimulation, encouraging imaginative thinking, and demonstrating the possibilities of transformation and innovation.
------------------------
So there you have it.
So I started make a youtube playlist of the ones I made
it's here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... GIX7X75WeY

Let me know what you think.
What I really want to end up with an ever growing playlist which can be played randomly so anyone can watch while they're bored and who knows what people might come up with if their creativity is exercised by morphing videos.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Morphing Video Clips
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:26 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

I think you could also call these 'transitions'. There are interesting ones like coming from a dot in the centre to full screen. Most YT'ers use video editors for this so why re-invent the wheel?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:02 pm  (#3) 
Script Coder

I am probably not smart enough or unwilling to learn high end video editors.
I call it morph so I don't confuse it with transitions that are trending now which are fast changes from one scene to the next.
Morphing is more like smooth and slow transitions not like the ones that are trending.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:43 am  (#4) 
Script Coder

Upgraded my morphing process to do loop and Bezier curve calculations so that it's
moving around smoothly.
If you look at one leaf you'll see it float around into the next leaf's position and so on indefinitely
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:35 pm  (#5) 
Script Coder

Another morph but with alpha of 0.25 for bezier to have smoother and closer to original points
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com