It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Learning how to grain merge
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:06 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Draconian wrote:
Lorri wrote:
No I didn't I used cloud brushes. I could do with your water brushes drac. Can you put your link up please

I tried to attach the zip file on the other thread but I dodn't notice that it never showed up. I'll try again here. I've been downloading brushes from different sites for about a year now and I can't remember where I got them. I just pulled them off my 'puter.

Ok, the file was way too big and I missed the notice when I tried before. here they are in 3 separate zip files.

strangely, my ubuntu system is resisting opening this archive. I thought I could open 7z.......what system did you compress these files on?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:41 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Founder

We have had this discussion before and I thought .7z was disallowed. It is now. It's just too proprietary of an archive format.

Can someone re-pack these brushes and re-attached. (.zip, .bz2, .rar, .tar, .gtar, .gz & .tgz are supported)

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:36 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

7z is open source Tux; what's wrong with that? lol

:)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:47 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Founder

I can't say as I have ever used it. Nonetheless, it must have been some other other archiving app I was thinking about, not 7-zip. I researched .7z this morning and y'all are right. It does fit the bill, in terms of archiving formats that this board should support.

I've re-enabled .7z support.

Sorry for my knee "jerk" reaction. :funnyball

cecilia wrote:
I apparently have "file roller" installed. It claims to be able to open "7z" or zip files. and generally I can open everything. This is the first time I had an issue.
http://fileroller.sourceforge.net/features.html

Try installing the package: p7zip from your repository. Once you install that, file roller should be able to handle .7z files.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:39 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Quote:
Try installing the package: p7zip from your repository. Once you install that, file roller should be able to handle .7z files.
Ding Ding!!!!
yes, that worked!

thanks! I love learning something new......no matter how small, :hi5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:25 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Founder

cecilia wrote:
I love learning something new......no matter how small, :hi5

I couldn't agree more. Learning new things and being creative are essential driving forces in our lives, at least for many of us.

Speaking of learning something new, turns out the .7z format is highly regarded as fast and efficient. I think we were both behind the curve on this one, cecilia. :hehe

I remembered that other format. It was .sit & .sitx (stuffit) format, an old archiving/compression app for the MAC. I had already disabled it.

Post subject: Re: 7-Zip
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:57 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

Yeah; sit sucks; very propriety too and mainly used by the MACsters out there. Had to use it myself in a past life when I was part owner (and official typesetter) of an offset printing business. MACs are king in the printing business no doubt. Why; just don't know. lol

:)

Psalm 109:8

Post subject: Re: 7-Zip
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:37 am  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

Tux you may have been thinking of Stuffit expander. :)