It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OK, List Your Loot...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:44 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Founder

Well, I got a few flannel shirts, some socks, sweat pants and a new Carolina cap & shirt.

But best of all, one of Santa's elves left a Wacom Bambo tablet under my tree. :yes :jumpclap

Now, I guess I need to learn how to use it. I used to do some sketches in high school but I haven't actually drawn anything of significance in years. It's another avenue to be creative so that's always a good thing. :hehe

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: OK, List Your Loot...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:50 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

I got some chocolate, a towel, a shirt and few albums.

Oh and a new Ipod touch! :yes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:39 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

All I have to say is Dad is much richer then me. Also, got a few sweat pants (with back pockets; that's important) from my sister and a few Auburn University T-Shirts from my Niece. Dad also got me one of these speaker devices that suppose to turn any surface into a sound source; doesn't really work that well, but I have to admit, as a center channel speaker, it does make my current sound system sound a heck of a lot better (but the RF noise generated does interfere with my lower cable channel signal when the PC is on; meant to go by Radio Shack to get a ferrite bead to wrap the cable in). I really don't like getting gifts; guess since Mom's no longer here I've really not been in the mood for the celebration/gift sharing part of Christmas. Do like giving presents to my 2 Great Nieces and 2 Younger Nephews as well as my Niece and Older Nephew (who's going to Alabama U. right not so he's a traitor; lol) to see them happy. I do enjoy the food too (and unfortunately way too much; lol). The biggest blessing for me this Christmas is that my brother's back from Iraq (he had already served two orders in Afghanistan). He has more then enough time in to retire (Army Reserves) and I more then hinted that he's way too old to jump out of a perfectly good flight. Anyway, have to say I am blessed despite not having full time work (contract work has been dead; last job I did was the week before Thanksgiving). Still, I'm hoping the hype that is being reported by the press is right and that the economy really is getting better (but my gut already knows better). :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:44 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

I didn't get anything related to Photoediting or computing, but I did get my favorite perfume, socks to keep my feeties warm, a pack of stuff to make shadow box displays from our trips, and some yummy food gifts! Hubby and I only give each other token gifts as we always say this trip or that trip is our Christmas to each other, lol. We did get a great little carry-on luggage with wheels (that will fit nicely in overhead bins) from the kids. A special gift was a poem that my grand daughter wrote. I am going to frame it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:13 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

My Wife and i buy for the kids and the Grandkids and wait until the beginning of the following year, usually around Feb or March to get gifts for each other. :)
Were just happy to see all the children at one time.We have 6 children and 6 Grand babies now.
It makes for some busy, busy holidays. :lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:25 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Got my camera to begin a delve into real photography a Nikon Coolpix L120, basic but a start, all I need for now....a keurig coffee maker from my younger daughter..(i'm a coffee fiend), and a lovely weekend with my older daughter and stepdaughter. Son is back from Iraq but couldn't make it back for Christmas nor my younger daughter which was hard but it was still an awesome Christmas.

(Already put my order in for a Wacom Bamboo tablet come my birthday in a couple of months :) )

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:23 am  (#7) 
Global Moderator

ditto with Rod, except less kids. lol :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:14 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

we got a Keurig, and a trip to the beautiful Hocking Hills in Ohio. I took a lot of photos - I hope to get them processed and uploaded sometime this century.