Non-Gimp related posts here
Post a reply

Sunset Photo (Un-edited)

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:39 pm

This is a un-edited sunset photo taken in White Rock, British Columbia, not far from where I live. The photographer Rob Leslie's photo was featured as National Geographic's Photo Of The Day (larger version).

He was "simply throwing rocks into the ocean" using a two-second shutter delay and a "cheap little tripod in the dirt." I'll bet this trick is going to inspire a few photographers. Rob Leslie's outtakes in a YouTube video.

Re: Sunset Photo (Un-edited)

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:48 pm

It's a real good effect. I watched the video, and it looks like it took a lot of patience and a good aim to get it right. Great stuff.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:02 pm

That is a terrific shot, and yes it would take a lot of patience to get it just right. I thought it was a bonfire.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:27 pm

that's so beautiful - very creative of the photographer.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:26 pm

that is so amazing that it looks faked, lol

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:27 pm

Odinbc wrote:This is a un-edited sunset photo taken in White Rock, British Columbia, not far from where I live. The photographer Rob Leslie's photo was featured as National Geographic's Photo Of The Day (larger version).
He was "simply throwing rocks into the ocean" using a two-second shutter delay and a "cheap little tripod in the dirt." I'll bet this trick is going to inspire a few photographers. Rob Leslie's outtakes in a YouTube video.

Very nice!
Seeing the video of how this photo was taken, I saw right after another video quite interesting too. http://youtu.be/3SNYtd0Ayt0
Post a reply