It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Toon Boom??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:00 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Has anyone here, ever used Toon Boom software to make animations. I just found some videos on youtube about it and it looks pretty cool. though i'm not sure if i wanna spend money on something that i really not sure if i am able to use it. i have always wanted to make my own cartoons. but not sure how much time ,with a full time job, i would have to devote to it. so spending money on it seems point less if i don't have the time to work with it. plus i am not sure what the learning curve is with it. i tried blender and found out that that was just to complex for me for the amount of time i have to devote to it. i only have like two days a week and a few hours each day to mess around with it. but i am really wanting to do some cartoons. i think to make them in gimp would be impossible. even though it could be done i guess. so has anyone ever used it? or has anyone had anyone they know use it? it would be helpful for me to make a decision on weather i wanna buy it or not. thanks and have a good day... :)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Toon Boom??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:57 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

If you wanna get in to cartoons try getting Synfig, it's totally free opened source, if you like it then maybe move on to toonboom..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:24 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Mokonafan wrote:
If you wanna get in to cartoons try getting Synfig, it's totally free opened source, if you like it then maybe move on to toonboom..

ok. thanks..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:57 pm  (#4) 
Script Coder

A couple of other free software options are Tupi (formerly Ktoon) and Pencil2D (formerly Pencil). Both of these are geared more toward traditional, hand-drawn animation (whereas Synfig takes more of a computer-aided design approach).