It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just plain Bored...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:17 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I am just plain bored. I love to draw and paint but for some reason i'm just not in the mood to do so. writers get writers block, but believe me painters get it to. and right now i got it bad. no ideas what so ever. and it's crazy cause just a week ago i had ideas after ideas. now there all gone.. :hoh :gaah :gaah :gaah :gaah

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Just plain Bored...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:50 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

I feel your pain but offer no remedy 'cause it's so personal.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:08 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

i got so bored i went and made me some popcorn....hmmmm you know what?......i hate popcorn.... :hoh :hoh :hehe :hehe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:24 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

I know the place rd, kind of in one at the moment, I just load up gimp and play maybe something will spark.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:56 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Go out for a walk somewhere nice and rest your brain. It needs to relax in order to be inspired and it might need encouragement from an afternoon stroll. If this doesn't work, give artwork a short break. It's probably that painting has become too routine and your "spirit" needs refreshing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:02 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

rdgracer71: it'll come back, and probably when you least expect it :). it's not easy to put up with the boredom, but of course going for nice and relaxing walks might help. changing "toys" may help too - like if i'm stuck with my gimping i might do some beading instead and if i'm stuck in my beading i might take up the mandolin or guitar. if it doesn't give me new ideas at least it will keep me amused til the ideas start flowing again :).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:44 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

the boredom is still here. thanks guys for giving me ideas. i kinda feel like i don't do many pieces of art work as it is now. haven't really done one in a few days. i guess i'll give it some time. i think forcing it never works. but i do find it hard to not try and do something. i will admit i have no clue how to handle this. i guess i am making more out of it than it is, but i truly hate when this happens. it's no fun for an artist to be fresh out of ideas. and that's where i stand right now. fresh out of ideas.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:44 am  (#8) 
GimpChat Founder

You just need a good project. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, it's actually a good idea to have several hobbies/interests so when you burn out on one, you can move to another. That's always worked pretty well for me.

The nice thing about GIMP is that there is always room to be creative and there is always something new to learn, which are two of main motivations.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:37 am  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

I'm like this all the time!!! It's aggravating. xD
I have no real solution either, normally when I'm spiritually down the most, I tend to be the least creative, maybe refreshing your soul with something would help.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:06 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

Read a book, play a game, color your hair an abstract color (purple for me right now), tease the cat with the red dot, go for a walk, go shopping, take a nap, browse google images, browse deviant art. All of those things work for me.

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:10 pm  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

Or listen to an amazing piece of music such as Oxygene pt 1 and try to imagine what it would look like if it was something visual.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:07 am  (#12) 
GimpChat Member

Muse is a capricious lady, indeed. Usually, it happens to me when I'm bored/tired/blue with no obvious reason. Luckily, all these things are quite easy to overcome, maybe some new experience will help you feel better.