It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Note of appreciation for Fence Post
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:47 pm  (#1) 
Global Moderator

I am just writing this to say thanks to Fencepost for all the great scripts and tutorials he has posted over the years. I first met him when we were members over in Gimp Talk, and I started doing his tutorials there.
When I moved over here to Gimp Chat, it wasn't long before he became an active member here and we all got to do more of his tutorials
I must say, that every time I had a problem understanding something, he always returned with an answer to my post in all the places that I didn't understand.
I can say that I did everyone of his posts from start to finish and they were great.

For those members who have joined this forum after he took some time off didn't get to know him so when you hear his name come up often, you will know who he is.

Right now he is digging into every place he has his files stored, and he is updating all his scripts and posting them here for those of you who don't have them.

Once again, I want to thank you FP and you are very much appreciated, and I hope you stick around or at least drop in to say HI, often.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Note of appreciation
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:19 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Founder

:ditto

Rod and I are putting all the scripts on GIMP Scripts so they'll be organized and easy to find.

Fencepost, if you see this, I noticed that you have several nice scripts that apply effects or functions to all the layers in an image. I was thinking it might be cool to have all of those functions in a single script. If you don't have the time to mess around with it, I could probably combine those, if you don't mind and if you think it might be a good idea.

Post subject: Re: Note of appreciation
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:12 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

GnuTux wrote:
Fencepost, if you see this, I noticed that you have several nice scripts that apply effects or functions to all the layers in an image. I was thinking it might be cool to have all of those functions in a single script. If you don't have the time to mess around with it, I could probably combine those, if you don't mind and if you think it might be a good idea.

@Gnu Tux that is a excellent idea !
I had all those scripts but i uninstalled because they added so many item to the menu , and because i have GAP that may transform any filter in animated filter .

But especially for who found GAP too complex, the Fenceport script is a excellent alternative , even more if all script may be merged

EDIT
As i wrote this is a good alternative to GAP filter all layer , but having GAP would be a duplicate
Something similar but for a selection of 3D party filters would have no equivalent even in GAP ( in theory is possible extend GAP support to more 3rd party filters, but in practice i found quite complex ,and anyway till now only liquid rescale and resythesizer are supported by GAP)

As example a animated UnsharpMask2 would be cool :clap :
even if is not obvious unsharpmask2 may blur too ,
so the animated effect may range from blur ,- de_blur , sharpen ending in dramatic dark outlines and white halos ...and/or vice versa , no bad :paint

And also a animated "wavelet compose " should be cool ! :spring

Mrs Wilbress

Post subject: Re: Note of appreciation for Fence Post
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:20 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Sorry for the almost OT

FENCEPOST :tyspin i am glad to see you again around :yes

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:24 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Fencepost - have to echo the thoughts already posted, When I first started learning gimp and relied heavily on tutorials for help and guidance, I always knew that if the author was mentioned as fencepost, then I'd be looking at a quality written and well explained tut.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:48 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

I'd like to speak English to write beautiful words to thank fencepost, as Molly did. Unfortunately, I only speak Portuguese and French.
He has been very kind every time I asked him something.
Maybe one day I can express my thanks and admiration for him.
His scripts are very useful and easy to apply.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:58 am  (#7) 
Global Moderator

Carlos, your English is just fine. In fact when I saw somewhere in the forum when you said you were Portuguese, I thought you were English. There are a few others around too that say that too, but I just wish I could speak another language that fluently.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:15 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

I would like to thank you too Fencepost for all your contributions to the GIMP community out here. :)
I believe the first filter/plug-in of yours i ever tried was Kaleidoscope. Fantastic piece of work. I am still blown away by the Paths Suite also. A great script with so many uses.
Hope to see you around the boards more often.

Thanks again for your filters and tutorials that you have so graciously shared with everyone. All are inspirations for me to write more Script-Fu.
Peace and Happy New Year!