It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Apophysis
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:33 am  (#61) 
Global Moderator

Nice work everyone :kpix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:47 am  (#62) 
GimpChat Member

Thank you Sallyanne.For anyone who's interested Gimp Flame parameters are working in Apophysis7x.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:59 pm  (#63) 
GimpChat Member

Question, has Apophysis been updated from 2.09? I ask because I still use that version.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:03 pm  (#64) 
GimpChat Member

Blast from the past. I forgot all about Apophysis. Sourceforge shows 2.09 as the latest.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:09 pm  (#65) 
GimpChat Member

Erisian wrote:
Blast from the past. I forgot all about Apophysis. Sourceforge shows 2.09 as the latest.

I thought it was, I was just making sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:17 pm  (#66) 
Script Coder

Since we're going back in time...
I don't even use it anymore, but when I did, i managed to create (stumbled upon) this:
https://www.deviantart.com/trandoductin ... -298599465

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:02 am  (#67) 
GimpChat Member

I know that this thread is old but I'm wondering if anyone is still using Apophysis in 2021.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am  (#68) 
GimpChat Member

Well. This is damned weird. It's a little after 4 am here in the mid-Atlantic and I made the following note in my journal:

=====

03:51 07/17/2021

Curious notion. A homunculus /?/ idea in Traditional Chinese Medicine /or Traditional Asian medicine maybe / is that the form of the human body is replicated in many ways in many parts of the body. The accupoints are replicated in the bones of the fingers, for example. Which is to say that the human body and its various parts also replicate a kind of fractal pattern.

=======

Before heading for bed I checked GC and found your post. I used fractal software on DOS in the 1990s, including the one -- can't remember its name -- that was so slow it was "awarded" a place in a book called "Stupid PC Tricks" for taking days to produce a single image. Many years later got Apophysis. At some point I began using the paint program ArtRage and fed many of the APO fractals I'd made into AR's brush-creation function. When I began using GIMP about three /four/ years ago I moved at least one of those fractal brushes into GIMP just to see if it would work.

The one attached looks rather like a flower. Don't know if /how well/ the brush might work, if you're interested in it at all, but your question sure woke me up.

Attachment:
APO 43.zip [261.54 KiB]
Downloaded 139 times

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:37 pm  (#69) 
GimpChat Member

neurolurker wrote:
Well. This is damned weird. It's a little after 4 am here in the mid-Atlantic and I made the following note in my journal:

=====

03:51 07/17/2021

Curious notion. A homunculus /?/ idea in Traditional Chinese Medicine /or Traditional Asian medicine maybe / is that the form of the human body is replicated in many ways in many parts of the body. The accupoints are replicated in the bones of the fingers, for example. Which is to say that the human body and its various parts also replicate a kind of fractal pattern.

=======

Before heading for bed I checked GC and found your post. I used fractal software on DOS in the 1990s, including the one -- can't remember its name -- that was so slow it was "awarded" a place in a book called "Stupid PC Tricks" for taking days to produce a single image. Many years later got Apophysis. At some point I began using the paint program ArtRage and fed many of the APO fractals I'd made into AR's brush-creation function. When I began using GIMP about three /four/ years ago I moved at least one of those fractal brushes into GIMP just to see if it would work.

The one attached looks rather like a flower. Don't know if /how well/ the brush might work, if you're interested in it at all, but your question sure woke me up.

Attachment:
APO 43.zip

Not the answer, I was looking for, but it is an interesting one. What I meant was is anyone still using the program in 2021? There is a difference between the two: Both (Apop7x and Apop 2.09) accept plugins, but with Apop 2.09, it takes longer to load because it throws errors that the 64bit plugins won't work.