It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Changing back and forth between Gimp and MyPaint [SOLVED] thanks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:36 am  (#1) 
Global Moderator

I knew how to do this before but it isn't working for me now. I want to go back and forth between Gimp and MyPaint. I can open MyPaint with Gimp, but I can't open Gimp XCF with ora. I know I was doing that before.
I am working on a painting in MyPaint and I saved it as .ora and that was fine, then I opened it with Gimp and made some repairs there and then tried to save it as ora and I get this error. Image Then I tried to right click on the desktop with my XCF, to open with MyPaint and I still get that message. Can someone help me with this please? I wanted to be able to continue with my painting in MyPaint but can't.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Changing back and forth between Gimp and MyPaint
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:52 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

molly wrote:
I knew how to do this before but it isn't working for me now. I want to go back and forth between Gimp and MyPaint. I can open MyPaint with Gimp, but I can't open Gimp XCF with ora. I know I was doing that before.

Are you sure about that, AFAIK MyPaint does open .xcf When I try that I too get that error message.

Quote:
I am working on a painting in MyPaint and I saved it as .ora and that was fine, then I opened it with Gimp and made some repairs there and then tried to save it as ora and I get this error.

I hope you mean export from Gimp to ora format.
If you opened the .ora file in Gimp do you have an "Overwrite xxx.ora" in the File menu?
There are snags exporting to .ora Layer groups are flattened and text is rasterized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:58 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

I just realized a try.

If you export your .xcf file as .ora file, when you open it (the exported .ora file) in My Paint you must have all the layers of that .xcf file.

Was it your problem?.

My Paint only works in .ora, .png and .jpg formats.

My Gimp rides on Antergos (Arch), Linux Mint, Debian and Fedora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:15 am  (#4) 
Global Moderator

Thank you jamack4, that worked. I had been saving as xcf then trying to open that with mypaint.