It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fractal Female Face
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:06 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

The female face is part of the fractal structure. It's done in 'boolean mode' with one of the fractals using a 'material' with a face image embedded in it. Its possible to keyframe into the image but human-recognised images would be lost at lower iterations.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Fractal Female Face
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:44 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

I like it. It looks like a rocky asteroid and you can clearly see the supreme lizard commander on the left side of the face, converting her.
Do we shoot it to smithereens before it will hit the earth, or do we try to save the female somehow?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:24 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Nidhogg wrote:
Do we shoot it to smithereens before it will hit the earth, or do we try to save the female somehow?

I say blast it to smithereens since the humanoid is just a synthesized copy of the real woman. Nice work Tas_mania.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:55 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

When working on a fractal I don't really know how it's going to turn out because I start at a lower resolution due to render times.

When happy with it, I keyframe into it or around it and then render at a higher res. I'm currently rendering 800 frames of the 'Fractal Female Face' at 1280x720 which is low by modern standards. Some frames are taking 5minutes to render.

If I got a fractal that looked like Mt Rushmore (because it was a photo) I could actually enter the mountain thru the fractal. That is weird.