It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Am in awe with Upscayl.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:01 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Patrice (PixLab) introduced me to this awesome desktop program a few weeks ago and I've been uprezzing using it since. Just cannot believe what this program can do. Looked for a thread here concerning Upscayl but could not find one, so thought I would start this thread now to get it a bit of showtime. Attached a result. Not sure if I can link this tool's website here, so will see if an Op will do this as a reply. Regardless, too incredible not to have it's own thread. I used one of G'MIC's reference images for this result and actually included it as part of the overall result so you can see start to finish. :)

Attachments:
sample_lion_upscayl_4x_realesrgan-x4plus.jpg
sample_lion_upscayl_4x_realesrgan-x4plus.jpg [ 2.92 MiB | Viewed 1960 times ]

Psalm 109:8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Am in awe with Upscayl.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:36 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Thank you for the highlite! I've been using AI Photo and Art Enhancer for a while but at 4x many of the results take on "cartoonish" qualities, similar to GMIC's Dream Smoothing effect. With Upscaylr that kind of effect seems much less. Haven't used it exhaustively in the last hour since I saw your post, but it looks very promising.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:14 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Someone posted at PixLS's site that there's even better AI algorithms then the one UpScayl uses. Hard to believe that to be true. I know, eventually, UpScayl's going to have an online version that's both faster and uses more AI algorithms. We shall see if that is going to be true or not. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:24 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

I've been using the AIs that power upscayl since early 2022 before they even had GUIs and easy to use apps like Upscayl. Back in early 2022 or even late 2021 I had to use bash scripts and input and output folders. Now I run them in stable diffusion.

The three AI's are SUPER IMAGE, REAL-ESRGAN, and GFPGAN I believe.

This is old news for me but a cool app I highly recommend for people who do not want to install stable diffusion.