It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HTML5 Node Based Graphic Effects Editor...
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:55 am  (#1) 
Former Member

ATTENTION! I'm looking for web developers to collaborate on making this application....

Example:
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Since Aviary removed their advanced suit, no decent free web based alternative for a vector editor or effects editor has been found. svg-edit is ok, but still sluggish imo, but it's still under development and updates are being added. It may take awhile until the developers add any gradients, but they are doing a decent job for the type of editor their building. Of course anything can be updated, and there's always someone who has some constructive criticism. Never the less I still can't come across any HTML5 node graphics editors like the one shown in the video above. So I've decided to make my own. If you have any experience in HTML5, JavaScript, JQuery, Raphael, and/or PHP (server side scripting) and would like to collaborate on this project I'd love to get a team together to work on this that way it can be completed faster.

Now keep in mind we're talking about a very very HUGE project so this won't be completed in a week, or a month. This will take months to develop so any help would be greatly appreciated for those that want to work with me on this and be apart of a team.

Last edited by mikethedj4 on Mon May 13, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Collaborative HTML5 Vector Editor and/or Node Effects Editor...
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:24 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

You're beginning a HUGE project, good luck!

I think making your demo video would be entirely possible with current open source tools. I'd do the image with Inkscape, then check compability with HTML5 Canvas by hand or by using script. For 2D effects there is no simple solution, but between Inkscape and Blender it would be doable. It WOULD be huge advantage to have open source 2D particle tool like (commercial) Particle Illusion.

But if you complete those two, you'll need composition also...

Yeah, HUGE work. All that HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, possibly WebGL expertise...

Post subject: Re: Collaborative HTML5 Vector Editor and/or Node Effects Editor...
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:27 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Sounds like a good idea!
Good luck with your project! Web-based Node effects editor has a great potential.
SVG apps, however, do exist. Check out rollApp online Inkscape.
They also have raster image editors MyPaint, OpenOffice Draw among graphics apps, but no effects editor.
Will your apps support mobile devices (andriod, iPad, etc.)?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:23 pm  (#4) 
Former Member

The plan is to make the desktop version first and then the mobile version. I just bought an Android tablet today and it should be it here within a week to two weeks tops. With that being said I'll begin working on it on my mom's and my desktop and once its decent enough I plan on doing the development from my tablet. (I'll be making my own alternative to jsfiddle on the weekend. That maybe released under the GPL 3.0 or remain my own personal editor, and possibly a vector editor as well, but idk yet)

There's a lot of plans, so once a name has been chosen the development plans will be listed on the website (including diagrams, design templates, plugins, etc: etc:). Just working on getting people together to work on it. There's a lot of plans just many to list here.

I'll be glad to answer anymore question's you may have. There's a lot of plans for the design so chances are you'll have multiple design themes to chooses from before and during whatever you're designing.

Last edited by mikethedj4 on Sun May 12, 2013 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:53 pm  (#5) 
Global Moderator

Locally have a look at, Eclipse, Komodo Edit. For collaboration check out something like GitHub.

Spirit Bear (Kermode)

Post subject: Re: HTML5 Node Based Graphics Effects Editor...
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:21 am  (#6) 
Former Member

The vector editor is on pause at this point, but is a later planned project. I want to focus more solely on a html5 node graphics editor as I haven't seen that online yet. I need a name for the application. Can anyone think of one?

Post subject: Re: HTML5 Node Based Graphics Effects Editor...
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:10 pm  (#7) 
Former Member

After 3 days this is as far as I've got. All hubs are embedded dynamically, and modified dynamically. The hub's currently won't resize but that'll change and I'll have other input options besides just a gradient generator. Just thought I'd show what's been done so far with 3 days of nothing but coding.

Attachment:
the-node-editor.png
the-node-editor.png [ 17.54 KiB | Viewed 3817 times ]