Switch to full style
Post Text Based Step by Step Tutorials Here
Post a reply

Re: Glossy Ball Tutorial

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:10 am

he4rty wrote:Fitting text to a ball is fairly simple, create your new layer and add Text, centre text to middle of layer. Then scale text layer to of half its original width, keep height the same, then set layer back to image size. finally map sphere and you should have a nice text effect on the ball.

he4rty, thanks for this tip! i think it might just work on my paisleys as well :).

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:13 am

Looks Good Molly, Handy Little script as well O.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:34 pm

That's lovely Molly. You're getting the hang of the text I see.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 pm

he4rty wrote:Fitting text to a ball is fairly simple, create your new layer and add Text, centre text to middle of layer. Then scale text layer to of half its original width, keep height the same, then set layer back to image size. finally map sphere and you should have a nice text effect on the ball.
this tutorial by monsoonami might be interesting as well for poeple who want to try letters on a 3D ball

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Wow, that tutorial is very nice. Now to do it. :hehe

Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:00 am

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:30 am

Very nice designs, the text looks good molly and rdgracer71 like the idea of turning into a planet.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:39 am

I am dangerously late to this party. Suffice it to say moving is a big pain in the backside, especially with four kids, pets, and two decades of crap no one in their right mind should hold onto. :gaah

I digress. This was a great result with a gold color.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:42 am

I know where you are at with holding on to decades of stuff, lol but your gold balls is very pretty.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:07 am

Mike thats come out really well.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:43 am

Just dedicating this to a mate of mine. 8 Ball Aitken!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_onK_kr7ZA

Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:20 am

So I was playing around with this tutorial Pixel Stretch Tutorial, mainly trying the Fx Foundry's Amazing Circles, when an effect happened that I thought might work here.

The effect didn't work, but by chance in trying to remember the settings used, I got things wrong and this happened.

I've checked back through the tutorial to see what I did differently and the only mistake I made was to create the Image at 512*512px instead of 600*600px, Hopefully like me you'll find the mistake a vast improvement on the glossiness.

Post a reply