It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 3D TEXT (With Perspective and Shading)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:27 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I viewed some tutorials on how to create 3D text but i wanted a realistic effect and the tuts i saw on realistic 3D effects required a big program like Cinema 4D or 3D Max... I tried them out and they were a little complicated and took up too much space on my storage soooooooooo..... I was searching google and i found Google SketchUp!!! This program works great!
http://sketchup.google.com/download/gsu.html

TUTORIAL:
In SketchUp, go to Tools>3D Text... Choose any font and change the size to around 100" Height and 50" Extrusion (or custom).

Place your text anywhere on the map. Now you can make it realistic by going to View>Edge Style and uncheck all boxes. You can then click on your text and go to Window>Materials. Choose whichever material fits your image. Make sure you click on a part of your text after choosing a material.

Now go play with the view of your image til you get the right perspective. Then turn off the guides by going to View and uncheck Axes. Now make sure your cursor is out of the way of the text and click Print Screen on your keyboard. Now go into gimp and paste your image.

Use the color picker and pick all the background color which should be a greenish. Use the Circle brush a color over all the unwanted parts of that image. Then use your Select by Color tool and choose that color and click delete. Add a background or do whatever with it!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: 3D TEXT (With Perspective and Shading)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:10 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

There is also LibreOffice (aka OpenOffice) Draw

Handy for the occasional quick and easy text.

Attachment:
draw.png
draw.png [ 29.47 KiB | Viewed 5152 times ]