this would actually have been an easy tutorial if i hadn't wanted to tweak it a little and accidentally messed things up
. well written, chris f, thank you!
the first thing i did differently was the font, because i wanted to see what a less "ballooney" font would look like. then i wanted bright pink (for a change
) instead of red, so i changed the colour. then, when i was very near the end of the tut, i thought the balloons looked too transparent and i wanted to add a little more colour and that's when i messed up some layers beyond rescue and had to start over again. then i was just going to add the strings when i realized i didn't like the highlights at all - they looked too sharp after i added the new coloured layers. and i wanted one highlight layer for each letter to make it look natural, so i had to start over again from the step where i cut the text apart. and then i didn't like my knots, so i remade them twice. then i added strings but didn't like the stiff look - i wanted my balloons to be free, so i made loose strings instead...
(oh, and "luft" means "air", in case anyone wondered.)