It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Adding Python support to Onkels Gimp-Painter 32 bit for windows
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:31 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Man i have been trying just about everything i knew to fix the python support in the new Gimp Painter for Windows 32 bit by Onkel
Hatti. http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-packagers/files/Onkel_Hatti/
Parthas python worked but the brush engine for Mypaint brushes would do some strange things like follow the mouse after painting and the brush could not be turned off.Onkels version had an excellent brush engine and python support but the python modules still would not work, even after editing pygimp.interp

Well i finally found a way to fix it.
Inside the Gimp Painter\lib\gimp\2.0\interpreters folder are 2 files "pygimp.interp AND pygimp.interp.o.
Open these 2 files in Notepadd ++ and change the paths to the exact path to the Gimp Painter\python\pythonw.exe file... ie C:\my-path to gimp painter\python\pythonw.exe
NOW you need to have Gimp-2.8.4 installed because you need Parthas python folder in the Gimp-2.8.4 folder.
Replace the python folder in Gimp Painter folder with the Partha version and restart Gimp painter.
You should now have Python plugin support.
My python path in both pygimp.interp.o and pygimp.interp files (both are the same)
python=C:\Users\rod\Desktop\Gimp-Files\gimp-painter-2.8\python\pythonw.exe
/usr/bin/python=C:\Users\rod\Desktop\Gimp-Files\gimp-painter-2.8\python\pythonw.exe
:Python:E::py::python:

Works excellent

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Adding Python support to Onkels Gimp-Painter 32 bit for windows
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:55 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

gramg wrote:
Make it even easier for people, and put together a complete download...just a thought.

I could upload my version zipped but users would still have to create their own paths in the pygimp.interp AND pygimp.interp.o files. :)

Post subject: Re: Adding Python support to Onkels Gimp-Painter 32 bit for windows
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:03 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Download the zipped folder Gimp-Painter-2.8 with Python support.
Unzip to wherever you wish. File is 127 MB compressed.
EDIT the \gimp-painter-2.8\lib\gimp\2.0\interpreters files both pygimp.interp.o and pygimp.interp to reflect YOUR path to the internal pythonw.exe file in the Gimp Painter\python folder.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:02 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

gramg wrote:
Yay...victory!!!...that is cool how you know this stuff. I have python in Gimp-Painter...thanks ROD!!!

Hey...but you did not give me mathmap and gmic

See viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7416 :bigthup

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:27 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

if only I could draw.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:34 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

gramg wrote:
While I am trying to figure out why gimp-painter does not open .png's?????????
I made a new splash for the program.

Cool looking splash. :kpix
I sent you a PM about the png problem.It should work for you though because you now have the same Gimp painter i have. :)
Have you tried more than 1 PNG file?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:21 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:44 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

gramg wrote:
Everything is good.
I must have messed something up on my first few attempts at getting mathmap installed.

I have unzipped the gimp-painter again to a different usb stick jump drive and it now opens picture files.
So....all I have to do is reinstall as I did before only properly....and all will work.

I have had the best time learning this all again.

Thank you!

No problem at all. :)