Switch to full style
Post All Video Tutorials Here
Post a reply

Tear up a photo - video tut

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:08 pm

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Re: Tear up a photo - video tut

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:39 pm

As usual another great tutorial TY.. Really helps when somebody makes clear and concise information for the GIMPLY challenged individuals lol

Thanks for making learning this program fun :tyspin :pengy

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:14 pm

Cool idea, and very well explained as usual.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Very nice tutorial, Jolie. Here is my torn photo. I think I could have trimmed more of the white on the left side but I like the results anyway.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:31 pm

I could have done a better job on the tearing, lol.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:09 pm

I like yours 2-ton. Nice job. Are you in that picture?

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:46 pm

Thanks.
Yes. It was taken outside the stage door at the Canon Theater in Toronto. The young man we are standing with is the main reason we went there. He is the male vocalist in Burn the Floor, his name is MiG.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:58 am

2-ton, your photo looks very realistically torn. :bigthup
For some reason I feel like pizza now. :pizza

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:09 am

I was thinking there must be a way to use the first 'tear' in reverse on the other side so the tear edges match.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:28 am

Extra layers for the white lines maybe and then manually erase some. I don't know really, don't feel like wrecking my brain over it. :lol

The thing is that when you tear up a photo it does create white lines that come from the bottom of the other side of the tear, so you need to add something.

edit-
Maybe a white layer the size of the photo below it. And with a seperate distressed selection. So you can have white peeping out from undeer the tear?

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:51 am

The photo now fits on both sides but the white lines don't.

But that was already the case with the method in the video. D'oh!

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:06 pm

lol, looks good anyway!

Sun May 02, 2010 4:33 pm

A nice tutorial, Jolie! I used it for my header work.

Sun May 02, 2010 7:33 pm

This is a great tutorial. I can be creative and "destructive" - at the same time! :jumpclap I'll probably have a folder full of these.
I have a folder full of those huge Eeek smileys too (another one of Jolie's tutorials). My kids think I'm losing my mind :tehe , but learning is a lot of fun. The practice helps me learn the ropes. I'm just getting started and these tutorials are the best!

Here is one of my attempts:

Sun May 02, 2010 7:40 pm

SailsAgain wrote:This is a great tutorial. I can be creative and "destructive" - at the same time! :jumpclap I'll probably have a folder full of these.
I have a folder full of those huge Eeek smileys too (another one of Jolie's tutorials). My kids think I'm losing my mind :tehe , but learning is a lot of fun. The practice helps me learn the ropes. I'm just getting started and these tutorials are the best!

Your results are excellent. Yes, you are losing your mind ... in GIMP. What better place to lose it, eh? Get your kids interested too. Keeps them off the streets. :hehe

Sun May 02, 2010 8:25 pm

Everyone's pic came out great...the mark of a really good tut!

Tue May 04, 2010 4:51 am

That header looks great. :bigthup

SailsAgain, the water and sky torn in two makes me a bit sad. :( ;)

Tue May 04, 2010 10:08 am

Jolie wrote:That header looks great. :bigthup

Aw, Jolie, I bet he she could produce a repaired one that looks like it's never been torn. :-D

Tue May 04, 2010 11:28 am

Don't be sad! I'm sure I could "fix" it up. I know what you mean though - I felt the same way about the pretty flower you ripped apart. :tehe
Oregonian wrote: Aw, Jolie, I bet he could produce a repaired one that looks like it's never been torn. :-D
It might be fun to try a scotch tape script of some sort on this!
(In case it matters, I'm a she. :cute :lol )

Tue May 04, 2010 11:43 am

SailsAgain wrote:
Don't be sad! I'm sure I could "fix" it up. I know what you mean though - I felt the same way about the pretty flower you ripped apart. :tehe
Oregonian wrote: Aw, Jolie, I bet he she could produce a repaired one that looks like it's never been torn. :-D
It might be fun to try a scotch tape script of some sort on this!
(In case it matters, I'm a she. :cute :lol )
Ah, my mistake on the gender. Glad that's clarified. We gals gotta stick together.

Scotch tape idea sounds good. Somewhere there's a tut for that in Gimpology I think. Will look and see if I can find it.

LATE EDIT: Found the sticky tape tutorial here.
Post a reply