It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GIMP guides video screencast.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:38 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Question to common queries from users. Guide usage to create a reference image with subdivisions:

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: GIMP guides video screencast.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:17 pm  (#2) 
Retired Staff

Thank you for the nice video gasto. Did you make it? It's a bit complicated but very thorough. An excellent job of explaning!

I have several guide scripts that I use. I don't know where I got them all but they seem to be enough for my guide needs. I like guides, they are very helpful.

This is my list of guides.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:19 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Nice video tute, gasto!
Here's an article explaining advanced ways to create guides using 3rd party GIMP add-ons.
As for example shown in video, I simply use GAT plugin - Gimp Atelier Tools and choose Field 4:3, ready in two clicks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:19 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Yes, thanks for the response.
I use also the 'New guide', 'New guide by percentage' and 'Guides from selection' plug-ins as well.

I'll try those other recommended scripts. There still are many sequels to the posted video. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:16 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

gasto wrote:
Yes, thanks for the response.
I use also the 'New guide', 'New guide by percentage' and 'Guides from selection' plug-ins as well.

I'll try those other recommended scripts. There still are many sequels to the posted video. :)

It would be awesome to see a video tutorial from you covering guide usage and all those scripts. You have a nice
set of necessary things for that - knowledge of GIMP, good sounding voice and a good way of explaining things.
Not a lot of good videos out there explaining GIMP guides usage for newbies. Been thinking of making it
myself not so long ago but video tutorials just isn't my thing - i'm too impulsive, impatient and very easy to distract.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks, of course it requires a lot of patience for the audio and video editing and voice performance.
I do it professionally, but as a Internet freelancer, I am mostly called for the Spanish voice over tasks.
Screencasts have that power of meaning something without vagueness added to the explanations, since audio video and voice are there to correct ambiguities. It is also natural to think in terms of video, since when we manipulate images, a video is playing right in front of us.

The last time my sister had a smart phone OS problem. I just accessed Google, searched for the error code, and finally the step of having to completely reinstall the OS was given, so I searched just that on YouTube, and the procedure wasn't easy. Certainly the video I watched helped out a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:59 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

I already posted it in the Introductions section of this forum, but to keep everything in one thread, I have this video that shows how to download Flash videos with the plug-in: Flash Video Downloader. Then we proceed to play the video with VLC to increment(+ key on the keyboard) or decrease(-) the playback speed of the video in case you feel the video is either too slow or too fast. This adjusts to your learning pace. Very useful for video tutorial(GIMP and whatnot) regulars.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com