It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to Install GIMP, Install Themes and Configure your Wacom with GIMP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:16 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

This is my first screencast/audio tutorial. Hopefully everyone out there will find it useful. If you have learned anything from it due give it a thumbs up, subscribe and comment. Because as I said in the video, it all depends on peoples feedback if I wanted to create another tutorial in just about anything.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: How to Install GIMP, Install Themes and Configure your Wacom with
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:45 pm  (#2) 
Global Moderator

Thank you for the video darkwolf80s, for sure the Wacom setup information will be very helpful.

Spirit Bear (Kermode)

Post subject: Re: How to Install GIMP, Install Themes and Configure your Wacom with
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:59 pm  (#3) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
I wish I had this tutorial when I was setting up my Wacom tablet for Gimp. Things would have gone much smoother then they did. I must say, I almost gave up trying, but eventually figured it out on my own.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:39 pm  (#4) 
Global Moderator

If you change to Linux Wallace, your wacom would be plug'n'play, no setup,

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:18 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

I honestly felt since the last time I played with from the 2.4 days it has changed a lot and thought about the Wacom configuration. After looking onto Youtube and other resources there are no video tutorial that explains an in depth configuration the Wacom tablet for GIMP. Not to mention no one address the bug issues too and the workaround. So I felt I needed to create a video tut for this cause I've had countless people asking me for one if not I would PM them how to do it. LOOL!!! XD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:27 pm  (#6) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
molly wrote:
If you change to Linux Wallace, your wacom would be plug'n'play, no setup,

With XP going south on April 8, 2014. I just might do that Molly, but I'm not sure what I'd need to do though.
As it stands, I'm trying to save some money for a new machine, but haven't been able to save much lately.
At least I got my Wacom working well, for now anyway. :hehe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:54 pm  (#7) 
Global Moderator

Wallace wrote:
With XP going south on April 8, 2014. I just might do that Molly, but I'm not sure what I'd need to do though...
It's not hard and when your ready you will find lots of help around here. If you have an old machine more than likely Linux will perk it up.

Spirit Bear (Kermode)