Switch to full style
Post your GIMP animations here
Post a reply

Erisian Movies

Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:44 am

My new animations thread :mrgreen:

Re: Erisian Movies

Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:35 am

This must be a disco movie, waiting for that green led in the middle to turn on, perhaps it's audio effect or a pause button?
Nice png animation Erisian :bigthup

Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:34 am

I though the same as you Nidhogg! Still waiting for that green light to come on!
Very nice animation!

Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:51 pm

Erisian - 'snazzy' animation; might try one !

Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:00 pm

Erisian wrote:My new animations thread :mrgreen:

:jumpclap Nice! :jumpclap

Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:52 pm

Yes, nice clean animated png.

Kinda reminds me of something I did a few years ago.

Amp2.gif
Amp2.gif (361.7 KiB) Viewed 7439 times

If anyone is curious, the Amplifier is playing Queen's "Another one bites the dust". I used a custom filter to animate the bars based on the base output of the song. I didn't do it in Gimp though, I used Aviutl to animate the bars with the cool filter.

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:14 pm

Here's another one I made, same idea...

Ocilloscope.gif
Ocilloscope.gif (129.14 KiB) Viewed 7435 times

Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:37 pm

Thanks for posting in the APNG format Erisian.

I just made a test apng from this online app:
https://ezgif.com/video-to-apng

I have been looking for this. I'm making some animations of politicians which of course I can't post here.
GIF works but this is better :bigthup

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:10 pm

Yes the quality of apng is better than gif, but file size is also much larger. Your apng is 3.1 MB, I converted it into gif with ffmpeg and now it's 1.1 MB. File size is always an issue and it's best to try and keep it below 1 MB when possible.

4643_APNG-test.gif
4643_APNG-test.gif (1.07 MiB) Viewed 7413 times

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:22 pm

Your right about file size racer. Could be saving as APNG and then converting to GIF gives better image quality than just exporting as GIF?

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:34 pm

Every video source is different. When I convert, I go straight from source. ffmpeg works well with some sources but not all. It's super fast though and is usually good enough for me to post.

It would be awesome to just post a full scale video encoded with HEVC (H.265) or VP9 and have it play in any browser. The file size would also be smaller than gif and better quality. But that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:02 am

Thanks everybody. Cool results racer I exported the frames from Gimp and imported them into Vdub to get my apng.
Post a reply