Switch to full style
Post your GIMP animations here
Post a reply

Mad World Covid Lockdown

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:34 pm

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

If you are in lockdown right now, we hope this video helps fill a few minutes. We will come out of this craziness soon.
Made with Gimp MathMap, Mandelbulber, Audacity and Davinci Resolve free version.

Re: Mad World Covid Lockdown

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:07 pm

Incredible video, Tas; let's hope for all our sakes that they figure out a cure for this disease and soon. :)

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:14 pm

Tas_mania,

Enjoyed the video very much, fairly elaborate.

Watched the video with my wife who also
was mesmerized by your choice of the
many varied shapes.

Thanks for sharing.

Mainah_Ayuh

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:29 am

Nice video as always Tas :bigthup
I'm not in lockdown, but we will have the populated southern territory of country isolated from other parts starting from tomorrow.
Continuing to work normally, actually busier than past weeks because of layoffs...

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:05 am

Nice video. How did you get the background DashCam video of San Francisco, I thought you lived in Tasmania?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:59 am

Thanks for the positive comments guys. Glad you are still working Nidhogg.
How did you get the background DashCam video of San Francisco, I thought you lived in Tasmania?

Attributions are listed on the video @youtube. I used a few more attributions on this one. I wanted city streets and this was 'creative commons'.
Because I use creative commons material I make the video creative commons so it can be re-used.

The soundtrack is CC as well. Finding good CC material takes time but it has its rewards.

This is how you find it.

I recently found a major global hit from the 80s or 90s that is now CC. Also live concerts are often free to re-use.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:47 pm

Very ingenious! You have a lot of talent. Parts of the video remind me of the old chiller movie, "The Blob". Now I am really dating myself if you remember that old movie!

Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:01 pm

Nice one Tas - a real winner from the down under wonder :hehe

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:43 pm

Parts of the video remind me of the old chiller movie, "The Blob".

Agree, but if only the pandemic was just a movie.......

It looks like 'Mother Earth' is solving the population crisis right before our eyes.

Randomly, any of us could be part of that solution. How real is that?

Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:55 pm

That is so true, it is the realism, and it is very scary. Everyone of us needs to follow the isolation and other rules if we are to contain the damage already done. Apparently, some of those who became very ill waited until they were fairly symptomatic before they sought medical aid. Family and others were already exposed to them, who then unknowingly exposed others, and on and on. Go get tested at your first symptoms, do not wait until really ill.
Post a reply