Switch to full style
Post your GIMP animations here
Post a reply

Scrolling fish.

Wed May 13, 2020 9:24 pm

Re: Scrolling fish.

Thu May 14, 2020 6:23 am

It's cool the way you layered those gifs teapot. Did you use 'python-fu-ofn-interleave-multiple-layers' or something else?

Thu May 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Excellent work (as always) teapot. I especially like the rising bubbles in the background.

Thu May 14, 2020 9:20 pm

Thanks racer-x and Tas_mania.

Tas_mania wrote:It's cool the way you layered those gifs teapot. Did you use 'python-fu-ofn-interleave-multiple-layers' or something else?
Initially I used that but given several lots of scrolling fish to interleave I found it took too long when I wanted to change anything and remake. In the end I exported layers as pngs with ofn-export-layers and used ImageMagick to make the gif.

Fri May 15, 2020 4:14 am

it took too long when I wanted to change anything and remake.

That's because the memory size of your image was greater than the amount of ram in your computer.
When that happens Gimp uses the swap partition on your internal disk. That can be very slow.

If you are working on an image with enough ram then you can merge 2 animations into one and them merge that with another, and another etc.
Of course you work from the back (smallest) to the front or top layer.

Good on you for finding a work around :bigthup

Fri May 15, 2020 4:19 am

Cool gif teapot, I thought they are doing circles.
These fish animations are relaxing, but the fact they don't move fins is scary.

Fri May 15, 2020 5:49 am

Well done, teapot :bigthup
I love animations (not all :).) Especially when they are as smooth as yours.
And I know they take a lot of time to make them.

Fri May 15, 2020 11:23 pm

Thank you Ella, it's only a simple idea but was surprisingly time consuming to make.

Thanks Nidhogg. Movement in the fish would be better, I origionally tried to make their tails wag but it didn't really show as they are quite small so I backed it out :lol
Post a reply