It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Out With The New And In With The Old - animations and down tempo video
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:22 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Animations done with Gimp MathMap, Mandelbulber2, G'MIC, Gimp-GAP and Natron. Video editing done with Kdenlive. The downtempo mix is a cut-down version of 'Pequenisky' by Ishdub done with Audacity .
Made with 100% Open Source software.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Out With The New And In With The Old - animations and down tempo v
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:30 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Very well done,Tas. I hadn't heard of Natron so went looking and discovered the term "2.5d" also known as Pseudo 3d.

Post subject: Re: Out With The New And In With The Old - animations and down tempo v
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:57 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

I want some of what you're taking, Tas. lol

:)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:15 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Well done Tas. I find it interesting that you used Natron (for effects?) and Kdenlive for the final edit.

Most people would be surprised buy the quality of FOSS video editors out there. You definitely don't need big bucks to create a good video. I've been using nothing but FOSS for all my image and video editing for years now. I've made some very good videos and animations using that formula. I always laugh when someone posts a video they edited on Big Bucks s/w, knowing I could easily duplicate or surpass those effects with FOSS editors.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:32 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks for the likes guys and g'day to Kimba in Australia.

Only the clip shown on the youtube image is done with Natron. It takes some getting used to but I think we will hear a lot more about it.

I was very impressed with the Kdenlive appimage I used. Apparently a new version is out in late November.
I used 'Composite and Transform' from Kdenlive. It lets you fade in or out from 0% opacity.

Where the top clip overlaps the lower clip you can keyframe the alpha between 0% and 100%. I used 4 keyframes so the clip starts playing before the last one has finished. I did the opposite at the other end. The effect is you don't really notice when a clips starts or finishes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:05 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

racer-x wrote:
Well done Tas. I find it interesting that you used Natron (for effects?) and Kdenlive for the final edit.

Most people would be surprised buy the quality of FOSS video editors out there. You definitely don't need big bucks to create a good video. I've been using nothing but FOSS for all my image and video editing for years now. I've made some very good videos and animations using that formula. I always laugh when someone posts a video they edited on Big Bucks s/w, knowing I could easily duplicate or surpass those effects with FOSS editors.

I have used Blender3d to edit video. It does a good job.