It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animation of Qbist pictures
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:42 pm  (#1) 

Hi. I´m new here. I saw a music video from 2010 with animated Gimp Qbist pictures, but have no idea how to do such things. I do a lot with Qbist, but how to bring these pics to life? For this is my first post, I´m not allowed to give a link to the video. Thx in advance for advise.

(the girl below is my youngest granddaughter, photographed by my son, who also made the photo effects. The ornaments around it are done by me with Gimp, based on a Qbist image)

Attachments:
Emilia b.jpg
Emilia b.jpg [ 2.7 MiB | Viewed 1036 times ]
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Animation of Qbist pictures
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:20 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Hi welcome to Gimp Chat.
I've found that filters that do 'random' effects are not so good for animation. The reason is because you usually animate a series and anything random applied to a series looks like chaos. Then again I haven't used qbist as a stand along animation method so I maybe wrong. A simple way to do animation in Gimp is convert a video into a series of png's and then process then with something like G'MIC testing, in particular some of Joan Rake and Reptorian's filters. Some of their filters look very qbist. To do that I use a shell script under Linux :)

(Check-out Reptorians Channel Overblur)