It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gmic 179 cannot see all filters on OSX
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:31 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Hi!
I am running OSX Sierra on a mac book pro (retina, 13 inch, late 2013)
I have installed Gimp 2.8.14 and today I make an update from GMIC 1.6.0 to 1.7.9
I did this by downloading the archive (for mac) from the gmic site, and from inside I used the 2 files in the GIMP directory (gmic and gmic_gimp)
I copy those 2 files in 3 locations. 2 locations was indicated by gimp in prefferences/folders/plugins:
/users/”my name”/Library/Appication Support/GIMP/2.8/plug-ins
and
/applications/GIMP.app/Contents/Resources/libn/gimp/2.0/plug-ins.
The 3rd location is a personal custom one, because I created on the mac a folder with plug-ins.
So those 2 files I copy them in those 3 locations
Now what I found is that I don’t see all the filters in G’MIC, EVEN IF in the SEARCH option in G’MIC they appear. Example: Paint daub appear in 2 places (artistic and in Testing/Samj/Artistic/), if I use the SEARCH tab in GMIC. But Paint daub does not exist in Artistic and more, the entire folder Testing is missing from GMIC.
So even the search on GMIC show them to me, there are not there.
Do you experiment something similar? Did I do something wrong?
Thank you!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Gmic 179 cannot see all filters on OSX
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:12 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Hi!

If you like to stay with Gimp 2.8.14 there is a git build for that under http://karo03.bplaced.de/gmic/git/Macgm ... 2.8.14.dmg. Copy ONLY gmic_gimp and take care to delete all other gmic_gimp plugins. Don't copy into the plugin folder of the bundle!

However, I recommend to upgrade to Gimp 2.8.18 from http://gimp.lisanet.de/Website/Download.html. It has a fairly actual plugin gmic_gimp 1.7.9 . There should be no other gmic_gimp plugin in any folder of the preferences plugin folders! If you like to try the newest git build gmic_gimp 2.0.0 download http://karo03.bplaced.de/gmic/git/Macgm ... Sierra.dmg and copy ONLY gmic_gimp2 to your user gimp plugin folder! There is another plugin gmic_gimp_n2 which is a build ONLY for the native Gimp from Gimp.org! Although gmic_gimp plugin versions can now co-exist, still not plugins for different GIMP builds!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:41 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Part 1
Solved, with the SECOND advice.
First clean all traces of gimp and gmic.
Then I download Gimp 2.8.18 from where you said. It has (as you mentioned) a gmic integrated. But to my bad surprise, it has the SAME behaivour as I described in my first post (filters like paint daub totally missing). Practically, it was same problem

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:42 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Part 2
Then I clean again the Mac (manual) from any gimp and gmic and I installed version 20; download gmic 2 from karo03bplaced
Here I did the REVERSE thing, because having the gimp org version, I put in my personal folder the n2 file. Then I start gimp. I add that folder to plugin folders preferences and restart gimp
Now I have all filters in gmic 2. And it is working.
So - THANK YOU very much!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:44 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Sorry to split my message, but the forum insisted that I:
"Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs"
And I did not realise what it was.
How can you indicate exactly how you solved the problem, from where have you download and what files, if you cannot indicate the url?
OK. SOLVED. :) This is relevant.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:42 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

ErikTheodoru,
I don't see where the problem might be. Using the native Gimp the plugin is a bit poorer than the one from lisa net! No interactive functions, no parallel processing, however.

I think you have some spurious preferences ...

With the Gimp from lisanet I have a filter menu :Image

and the plugin window shows Image and Image . So where might be the differences?