It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How do I install G'MIC on Gimp 2.10.8 portable?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:57 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I recently changed from an older Partha build 2.10 portable to Portable Apps 2.10.8. I downloaded G'MIC for Gimp, zip format, and unzipped it, placing the entire folder into Gimp's plugins folder. When booting up Gimp, I can see it is querying the G'MIC plugin but when Gimp is open, I cannot find it either in the menu or in the plugin browser.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: How do I install G'MIC on Gimp 2.10.8 portable?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:06 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Guessing this one: https://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_ ... p_portable

Most likely the problem is portableapps Gimp 2.10.8 is a 32 bit application for maximum portability. You need the 32 bit version of gmic_gimp_qt https://gmic.eu/files/windows/gmic_gimp ... _win32.zip This has not been updated since last December, you get version 2.4.2. Good for most things.

Unzip, put the whole gmic_gimp_qt folder in the location indicated by Edit -> Preferences -> Folders -> plug-ins

However, assuming my test install is valid, serious issues with this Gimp version.

The Gimp profile is not fully populated. No ...GIMPPortable\Data\.gimp\plug-ins folder. Just make one, it works.

More serious. Python is broken. Check bottom of the Filters menu. There is a Script-Fu entry but no Python-Fu. Quick test with a simple python plugin - nothing.

Post subject: Re: How do I install G'MIC on Gimp 2.10.8 portable?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:15 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks Rich. I'll try it to see if there are any issues in case anybody else has the same problem but I would like to use 64 bit so I have downloaded Samj's 2.10.9 with G'MIC already installed. I'll just have to find out how to change the default Gimp settings to those I am used to working with. Thank you again.