It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reptorian's GMIC thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:04 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

As you can see in the other thread, I mentioned I have made more than 40 G'MIC thread. I'll be making updates just like I did on PDN forum and discuss-pixls forum.

I'll be allowing feature requests, however please note that I do NOT work for you. However, if you can code, and would like to add features, I'll be pushing it effective immediately.

----
Modulos Operation - My very first g'mic script. It's not quite good and could use a extension which I haven't gotten around yet. Joan Rake Sawtoother are basically more or less of what I envision.

Channel Overblur-Overline-Blur-Sharpen - Mixes overblur/overline technique found within two different PDN plugin named Overline/Overblur, and enables blurring and sharpening within different channel.

Vibrato - Based on PDN Vibrato filter, this just creates a vibrating surface over the image. A very early g'mic script as you can see.

Emboss-Relief - Based on PDN Emboss/Relief filters, it creates bumps within the image based on edge detection.

Premade Palette - Creates palette on image.

Transfer Color[Reduced Color] - Reduces number of color within a image. Also, provides a function to stimulate old-school PC rendering. You can literally stimulate different amiga pc modes here.

Goofy Resampling - I saw something that involves cutting images into pieces and reordering them on imgur. This stimulates that. It's a early script as you can see.

Color Modulo Texture - Creates Modulo texture inspired by MadJik PDN Modulo Texture

Picture Mosaic - Insert pictures within picture. Just look at mosaic pictures to see what I mean.

Non-Convolution Edge Extraction - Based off PS Embossing filtering. The way it works is that you duplicate once and then shift with wrap-around using original image data using an angle and offset.

Fragment Blur -Create radial duplicates, then average them.

Nebulous - Creates nebulous surface. To see what I mean, just try this filter out. It looks like what happens when you drop a rock into water.

Grouped Pixel Axis-Based Shift - Works with images with alpha channel. What this filter does is to treat images as if they're affected by gravity only within an axis.

Binary Alternating Quaddro Texture - Uses binary formula to create a texture. Literally almost every part of the formula involves binary operation.

Sinusoidal Water Distortion - Early Script again. Just makes a sinusoidal distortion.

Strange Bulger - Distorts image in a strange fashion.

Strange Bulger Kaleidoscope - Same as strange bulger, but distorts within Kaleidoscope

Logarithmic Distortion - Distorts images using logarithmic formula

Square-root Logarithmic Distortion - Distorts images using logarithmic formula, but with squareroot function.

Stitch - Generates stitches within image.

Kaleidoscope [Polar] - My version of Kaleidoscope Polar filter. If you have tried David's version, note that this version is extended.

Object Size Filtering - Filters objects based on size.

Tiled Form - Creates tiles of shape within image. You could try to apply increasing local normalization or increase contrast based on variance before applying this filter for best effect.

Color Existence Distribution Filter - Finds which colors (exist/does not exist) within RGB 8I.

Autofill Coloring Book - Designed for lineart. Fills image with random colors.

Thorn Fractal / Secant Sea - Creates a Thorn Fractal/Secant Sea. This is really my favorite of all the ones I did.

Z-Time - Use a black and white image as a reference layer. Apply this filter, and you get a mixed image based on value. The value is treated as Z.

TR's Pixel Sharpener - Sharpens images based on PDN TechnoRobbo Pixel Sharpener algorithm.

TR's Intense Filtration - Colorize images based on PDN TechnoRobbo Intense Filtration filter.

Fibonacci Texture - Creates fibonacci texture.

Spiral Distortion - Distorts images based on spiral distortion.

Perspective Streak - Works with images on alpha. Creates perspective streak effect. Warning, this algorithm is slow, but it enables treating transparent part of image as if they're literally glass.

Axis Streak - Works with images on alpha. Streaks pixels on axis.

Majority (Series) - This comes in two forms - 1) Use a predefined value to take either the value of the min/max values within kernel., 2)Automatically let the average of kernel to define which values to take which can be either min/max value within kernel.

Newton Fractal (MadJik) - Direct translation of MadJik's PDN Newton Fractal filter

Graduated Filter - Acts like a graduated filter. Think of gradients within videos or picture overlaying the original picture. That how it looks like.

Rectangle-Square Fill - Creates randomly filled rectangle or squares.

Point Warp - Direct translation of point-warp filter provided by a PDN filter developer.

Prime Surface - Create a surface where prime values are visible.

Pixel Push - Distorts images by shifting pixels using Bezier formula.

Rotate by Torus Map - Exactly what it titled as. It creates a torus map, then rotate pixels using torus map as a guide.

RGB-Gray Linear Interpolation - Interpolates between conversion to grayscale value and current rgb values.

Attractor - Generates Attractor Fractal with equations provided by TechnoRobbo.

Non-Isometric RPG Tiler (Interactive) - Non-isometric Tiling toolkit.

Last edited by Reptorian on Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Reptorian's GMIC thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:05 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Irrelevant post deleted.

Last edited by Reptorian on Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:33 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Although these filters existed before, I have added it to the list of filters anyway.

These been added : Attractor - Non-Isometric RPG Tiler (Interactive)

The second one is a long work in progress.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:21 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Reptorian :wvy
Thank you for your filters but why 3 times out of 4, with the "Rotate by Torus Map" filter, I have this:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:36 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

I wasn't able to reproduce this bug.

First step: Did you uploaded to latest version of g'mic-qt and gimp?

If it still doesn't work after doing that, please file a bug report in github gmic-community. Write down that I was not able to reproduce it with Krita.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:13 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

With samj gimp portable:

and GMIC 2.9.0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:12 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

The current version of GIMP is 2.10.18, and G'MIC-QT is currently 2.9.0 though going into 3.0.0 soon. Could you please file a report to dtschump/gmic-community at github?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:51 am  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

When I applied the filter with the default settings, I had no problem. The message appeared during certain movements of the "Circumference A" and "Circumference B" sliders and the white point. I could not note the parameters since Gmic was closing.

This morning I retested with another image and strangely I did not get the message and yet I did not change anything in Gimp ...????

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:45 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

Do you have the crashing image? In all my previous tests, none crashed. So, it would be odd to see why a particular image crashes GIMP.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:24 am  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

Estimation of another update to RPG Tiler will come in 3 days to 4 days. I'm about to finish it for artistic purpose. It'll be version 3. It'll support row/column manipulation. So, in theory, you can make a large overworld by then.

Version 4 will be viable for rpg developers as I will provide a way to generate tile datas such as canvas location and tile id in tileset in a multichannel 3d box.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:52 am  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

Reptorian wrote:
Do you have the crashing image? In all my previous tests, none crashed. So, it would be odd to see why a particular image crashes GIMP.

I have not found this image and it is a shame because I would have liked to know ...
And yesterday I spent a lot of time on this filter with various images without finding this problem and I like this filter more and more! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:55 pm  (#12) 
GimpChat Member

RPG Tiler tool gets a massive upgrade as of today.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 5:57 pm  (#13) 
GimpChat Member

New Filter - Grouped Pixels Shift By Rectangular Polar Transformation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:23 pm  (#14) 
GimpChat Member

Looking forward to seeing the RPG tiler. I do quite a bit of mapmaking in GIMP, but there seems to be few plugins specifically for cartography types of work-- but maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. Thank you for all the work you put into GMIC, it's endless fun to play around with and learn from.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:47 pm  (#15) 
GimpChat Member

Quote:
..RPG Tiler tool gets a massive upgrade as of today.

That was back in April. Never been able to get it working in linux (although I think it works in Windoze)

Have to take that back, my most recent compile + most recent updates and it is working ;) 4 November