It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: G'MIC - LOST MINE DURING LAPTOP CRASH
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:05 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Good day,

I had recently a laptop crash and an earlier version of GIMP installed. I think it was Gimp 2.10.28 or so.

Now I have installed the latest version of Gimp 2.10.32 but an .exe I have saved on an external drive of G'MIC don't work.
If I click on the .exe (application in zip) nothing happens at all. The plugin is in a zip file: gmic_3.1.4_gimp2.10_win64 (I run 64 bit).
I am also a bit clueless when it comes to plugins, etc. Do I need to extract it first?

Where do I get the latest version of G'MIC to work with this new version and how do I install it as my memory is not good at the moment?

Any help is much appreciated.

Laura

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC - LOST MINE DURING LAPTOP CRASH
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:38 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

launok wrote:
Good day,

I had recently a laptop crash and an earlier version of GIMP installed. I think it was Gimp 2.10.28 or so.

Now I have installed the latest version of Gimp 2.10.32 but an .exe I have saved on an external drive of G'MIC don't work.
If I click on the .exe (application in zip) nothing happens at all. The plugin is in a zip file: gmic_3.1.4_gimp2.10_win64 (I run 64 bit).
I am also a bit clueless when it comes to plugins, etc. Do I need to extract it first?

Where do I get the latest version of G'MIC to work with this new version and how do I install it as my memory is not good at the moment?

Laura

You can get everything you need here. Either download the installer what i do is grab the latest dev version which at this time is 3.2.0. The zip you can just unzip and place the entire folder in your plugins folder. The installer does it all for you.
http://gmic.eu/

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:35 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Rod wrote:
launok wrote:
Good day,

Laura

You can get everything you need here. Either download the installer what i do is grab the latest dev version which at this time is 3.2.0. The zip you can just unzip and place the entire folder in your plugins folder. The installer does it all for you.
http://gmic.eu/

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Thank you Rod, I will look into this. I was replying back 2 hours ago and just as I press the send button our electrical power went off as we have loadshedding which just had started then, and it didn't went through. Now replying again.

I am not using Blender much but with the help of my friend Peter, I learn more. He said this G'Mic is also a filter for Krita which I didn't know. I need to reinstall all my software again and also other filters to use Diego's filters, etc.

Happy Thanksgiving (from South Africa)!

Laura

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:49 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Use the G'MIC-Qt plug-in for GIMP 2.10 (executable)
https://gmic.eu/download.html