- Respect other forum members. Treat them as you wish to be treated. Flaming and attacking other Gimp Chat Forum members is not allowed.
Note: If you continue to be rude to other members of the forum, Moderators will have no choice except to send you a warning. Repeat offenders will be banned. Being rude to those trying to help you with your problem is only going to result in your issue being ignored. You will not find much help that way. There are many knowledgeable persons who post here. Someone is bound to answer your question in time. Please be patient.
- We strongly urge members to embed all images by uploading them directly to Gimp Chat by clicking the upload icon . Please embed YouTube or other videos into Gimp Chat by using the Video icon . Attaching files can also be done using the attachment dialog located below the text entry box of each post.
Note: Images stored at 3rd party image repositories can be temporary and unreliable. If critical images disappear from your posts, we will have no choice but to permanently remove those posts from Gimp Chat. For this reason, you need to strongly consider attaching or uploading them directly to Gimp Chat. Due to excessive bandwidth leeching, we had no choice but to disallow image embedding on other websites. Thanks for your understanding in this matter.
- Hot linking to images or files uploaded to Gimp Chat in not allowed. In other words, attempting to embed images or files uploaded to gimpchat.com on other websites will result in the image or file being blocked. Instead, use a link to the gimpchat.com page where the image (or file) is referenced. Images uploaded to gimpchat.com are meant to be used only on gimpchat.com. Leeching bandwidth from gimpchat.com is not allowed.
- Refrain from using vulgarities and foul language. In other words, use your best judgement here as to not offend forum members. Try to keep it to the same level as what is allowed on the public airwaves and normal conversation.
- Links to pornography or any other sexually objectionable material will not be tolerated.
- Please do not use this forum to advertise other sites. Blatant advertisement of specific products, websites, questionable employment opportunities or 'get rich quick' schemes will be deemed 'spam' or 'scam' and will be removed. GIMP Chat is not to be used to promote your personal website.
- Signatures: If you are here to participate on Gimp Chat, the use of links to other sites in signature blocks is acceptable unless it violates any of the forum rules. If the website is GIMP or Art elated, we require a reciprocal link back to http://gimpchat.com from your site's homepage or sidebar. Failure to comply with a request for a back link could result in your signature links being disallowed. That's only fair.
Text: maximum 140 Characters.
Note: Signature images are limited to 500x150 pixels. If you want to use more than one image in the signature line, keep them to a combined size of 500x150 pixels. Animations are discouraged and you might be ask to remove them, if they are too distracting.
Failure to comply with requests to remove links and questionable materials from your signature block will not be tolerated, and may result in banning from the board. Please exercise common sense, and be reasonable, and you should find this rule easy to comply with.
- Do not post the same thread/topic in multiple forums or make the same post in multiple threads. In other words, No Floods and No Trolls Allowed!!
- Multiple user IDs are not allowed. If you are discovered using "Sock Puppets", your puppet will be banned, posts deleted and you will be warned. Further violation of this policy will result in a banning from the board.
- Threads started in the incorrect forum will be moved. Off-Topic posts will be split from the current thread into a new discussion thread or forum, at the moderators' discretion.
- Do not post copyrighted files or information on piracy or other violations of copyright holder's legal rights. No posting of information on where or how to obtain illegal copies of movies, music, video games, or other such legally protected media or copyrighted material will be tolerated!!
Note: You may discuss concerns or complaints about abuses of the copyright laws by 'rights holders' and 'content producers' and discuss support for legal fights against media producers who try to stifle free exchange of media content, but you must do so without openly discussing ways of defeating copy protections or specific sites to obtain materials that are normally protected by copyright laws.
- If a forum member asks you for information about another forum member such as their email address, mailing address, telephone number, etc., direct that person to ask that forum member for the information.
- Controversial political, religious and ethnic discussions are not appropriate topics on Gimp Chat. Please refrain from posting images of political figures, past or present. Gimp Chat enjoys a multi-national membership and we want to keep it free from controversies coming from those kinds of issues. There are other websites available for those kinds of concerns.
- Please post all questions and responses in English. Please do NOT post using all capital letters. Using all caps is considered SHOUTING!! Also, please refrain from posting very large or very small text. Please stick with black text on the light background. Using other colors for your post text is very distracting and using light colors like yellow or pink for your message text makes it very difficult to read. Only use color to highlight certain areas of your post.
- Please do not answer a question by suggesting the member search Google. People don't ask questions on support sites so they can be told to search Google. If that is the only help you can provide, please refrain from posting.
Souceforge has long been a site for suspicious downloads and malware add ons.
- Until further notice Sourceforge links will not be allowed. Posting links to Sourceforge will result in warnings and possibly being banned from Gimp Chat website if you repeat the offense. This does not pertain to links already added to posts. We will systematically go through those and remove them if necessary.
- You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
Thanks in advance for adhering to these rules.
Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in either the suspension or banning of your account at the discretion of administrators of these forums.
If you have any questions regarding these rules, please contact an administrator or a moderator. If you have a complaint regarding another user, please detail the nature of your grievance, the location of the problem and the other member's account name. Report that information to a moderator or an administrator.
Please be advised that the administration of this forum will use their best judgment in carrying out and enforcing these rules. We reserve the right to have final say in all situations.
All of these rules are in place for the benefit of the members!!