It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: David i have a request
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:19 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Can you add these to the Rodilius filter? :)
Saturation (darken/lighten color)
Blur The Edge
Noise
Sharpness
Brightness/Contrast

Thanks

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: David i have a request
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:30 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Hi Rod.
From what I understand, all these parameters correspond to image transformations that can be done as a second step afterwards. Am I wrong ?
If I'm right, I'm not sure this would be a good idea to add those extra parameters in the current filter, as they are not especially a part of the rodilius pipeline by itself, and worst, it means that modifying one of these parameters will require to re-compute all the rodilius effect (which is quite expensive in terms of computation time).
Basically, I'm not sure you want to wait 5 s. again, just to desaturate your image afterwards, or is it just me ? :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:39 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Ronounours wrote:
Hi Rod.
From what I understand, all these parameters correspond to image transformations that can be done as a second step afterwards. Am I wrong ?
If I'm right, I'm not sure this would be a good idea to add those extra parameters in the current filter, as they are not especially a part of the rodilius pipeline by itself, and worst, it means that modifying one of these parameters will require to re-compute all the rodilius effect (which is quite expensive in terms of computation time).
Basically, I'm not sure you want to wait 5 s. again, just to desaturate your image afterwards, or is it just me ? :)

You are correct David.I can do all these after, but i wonder if having the ability to darken and lighten the colors within the Rodilius filter will make for a much better moodier result in the glow.I will throw a Filter Forge pipeline together and see what it looks like.If it looks pretty good would you give it a try? :)

At least just a saturation slider?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:46 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

I really like the saturation addition to the filter in FF. :bigthup
That doesn't mean it will look the same in Gimp though.

O i nabbed your image i hope you do not mind. :) It was perfect for this test with the darker background.