It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KNOTTER
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:19 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Practical lock ?
http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4962&start=470#p99565
http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7694#p99555

In formal matter:
A total surprise
Yesterday it was over 500 posts - now 474 - why?
Very strange policy !
It can eliminate the section "Other Graphics Applications"?
Why such a decision ?

Attachments:
x1.png
x1.png [ 77.29 KiB | Viewed 12707 times ]
x2.png
x2.png [ 185.84 KiB | Viewed 12707 times ]

Slava
Ukraini!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: KNOTTER
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:30 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Looks like Odin's new thread is also locked MareroQ. Maybe he will fix that later. I do agree that Knotter definitely needs it's own category thread since, well, after 500 (or close to it) posts, there's obviously an interest in Knotter here, even more so then Voronoi Stippler which is also a very cool program. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:47 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

It was a great forum - I do not agree - I have to write:
Farewell !
Greetings also for all users !
MrQ

Slava
Ukraini!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:02 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Founder

A bunch of images in the knotter thread were removed by the original poster, which is their right.

What we ended up with was a thread with lots of missing images, along with a bunch of comments on images that no longer existed. This forced me to remove all the dead posts and any references to those missing images.

If a member here chooses to remove their images or they post images hosted on 3rd party sites, which disappear at some later date, it is our policy to remove those posts and delete or clean up the thread. We want useful threads that aren't trashed out with a bunch of missing images.

Please note the following site policies..

Quote:
2) We strongly urge members to embed all images by uploading them directly to Gimp Chat by clicking the upload icon. Please embed YouTube or other videos into Gimp Chat by using the Video icon. Attaching files can also be done using the attachment dialog located below the text entry box of each post.

Note: Images stored at 3rd party image repositories can be temporary and unreliable. If critical images disappear from your posts, we will have no choice but to permanently remove those posts from Gimp Chat. For this reason, you need to strongly consider attaching or uploading them directly to Gimp Chat. Due to excessive bandwidth leeching, we had no choice but to disallow image embedding on other websites. Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

10. Threads started in the incorrect forum will be moved. Off-Topic posts will be split from the current thread into a new discussion thread or forum, at the moderators' discretion.

Please be advised that the administration of this forum will use their best judgment in carrying out and enforcing these rules. We reserve the right to have final say in all situations.

All of these rules are in place for the benefit of the members!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:09 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

I would also like to add that if you do decide to remove images from your posts, PLEASE, please inform any Mod and warn them ahead of time.This way we can be prepared as to which thread will be altered and warn other members before hand if need be. You can see how this can cause a bit of confusion to other users of the forum.
As Tux stated it is your right to remove your images if you want to. But please be considerate enough to warn us first.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:20 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

I never remove images; can't say the same for ImageShack though. lol

Flickr may be better; been using them more of late now that they give me a Terabyte of storage which I don't believe I would be using it all any time soon. lol

I know Tux say that I can store here, but many of my renders are like 8MBytes or larger and don't feel comfortable actually doing so here and sometimes I do like sharing my renders not just here so I try to then use my other sources for hosting then. Still, I do appreciate the storage here as well and do use it more often then not. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:30 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Founder

We do limit images to 5MB on GC. If a member would like to link to higher resolution images that are larger than 5MB, I would recommend they post a smaller image here, with a link to the larger image on the 3rd party image hosting site. That way, if the image on the 3rd party site disappears for some reason, the original image remains on this site. Quite a few of our members use that approach and it has worked out very well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:01 am  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

Due to the poor knowledge of the English language - I can not describe all my thoughts
"All`s Well That Ends Well"
GimpChat Founder - I was wrong and surprise !
GnuTux - only thought - previous communications (accurate) - what will change?
Yours sincerely to solve our problems!
Why I lost my hope (wrongly)- I do not know! - my mistake !

Slava
Ukraini!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:49 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

As a former admin on a number of other forums I totally support the decision to clean the thread up given the circumstances.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:52 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
I never remove images; can't say the same for ImageShack though. lol

ImageShack needs to clean up at times *winky wink*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:53 pm  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

Yes the topic was going everywhere and we were having a hard time figuring how to splice it. Then a member removed their images from the topic and that caused quite a bit of confusion. The thread had to be cleaned and moved to it's own sub-forum. :)

Then that member removed all their images site-wide...so you may see some confusing entries but bare with us.

All is well now. Or should be anyways. :P :ninja

:lol akky