Switch to full style
Discuss general Gimp topics here
Post a reply

GEGL font name?

Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:29 am

Does some one knows what's the font name used on the GEGL logo, the "closest" I can found are Circles New and may be Cairus (if you rotate the M as an E).

Or is it just a ... logo?

Re: GEGL font name?

Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:59 am

PixLab wrote:Does some one knows what's the font name used on the GEGL logo, the "closest" I can found are Circles New and may be Cairus (if you rotate the M as an E).

Or is it just a ... logo?

[ Image ]

I believe it probably was never really a full font face, but more of a design of the 4 letters. :)

Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:26 am

In the GEGL source code, there is a .SVG to produce the logo, and I can't find any hint that it comes from a font.

Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:29 am

I have to admit though, it would be a pretty cool font. :) You could probably create it in Inkscape.

Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:00 am

There likely was an original font that was modified as a logo for the circular features.

Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:25 am

contrast_ wrote:There likely was an original font that was modified as a logo for the circular features.

Circles New most likely if there was manipulation of a font face. A good test would be to open Inkscape and the text tool after installing Circles New and see if you can get similar results by moving the nodes around. :hehe

Then if you can get those results, create a font in Inkscape. :)

Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:01 am

Yeah, it seems to be a logo only... So, I'm trying to make my own with the custom font tools from @Skinnyhouse :bigthup

:mrgreen:

ImageImage

Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:26 am

Just a quicky in Inkscape. :) Not spectacular but it will suffice. :)
Used the Circles New font type as a reference.

GEGL-In-Ink_RD-2022-08-27_122026.jpg
GEGL-In-Ink_RD-2022-08-27_122026.jpg (137.71 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
Post a reply