It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: A better LayerFx plugin
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:29 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Founder

My thoughts are there are just too many options in LayerFX for a single dialog. I'm not sure it makes sense to combine everything into a single dialog. As far as the operations being applied to the image in realtime, that would be the goal of GEGL. I have not compiled GIMP 2.9.x from GIT in a while, so I'm not sure how far along they are in converting to GEGL. About half the GEGL operations don't work correctly in V2.8.14 (at least for me).

If you'd like to test the current development version, there are nightly builds of GIMP 2.9.x on Dark Refraction. Partha probably has a fairly stable build of GIMP 2.9 on his site, as well.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:14 pm  (#2) 
Script Coder

maybe Gmic could build one!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:13 am  (#3) 
Script Coder

conbagui wrote:
Can you create a LayerFx that will be all together in one Dialog
It could be done with a "notebook" type of dialog (as used in "Map Object", "Lighting Effects" and various other filters). But there is a lot of work involved to re-structure the LayerFx plugin that way and the resultant dialog would be rather large!
conbagui wrote:
Right now LayerFx.py show you the preview changed on only on one filter dialog.
I don't really understand what you mean. All the LayerFx filters do already provide an "in-situ" preview (in the image window) ..you just have to enable it with the "Preview" checkbox (at bottom left in the dialog).