It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible bug; need someone to independently verify this behavior.
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:58 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I’m using samj’s portable so it may just be related to this, but here goes. For a newly opened GIMP session, I paste a result from image say web browser. If I do some modifications in GIMP and then copy result to clipboard, paste it in a completely different application and do some modifications of it and copy that result to the clipboard, when I try to paste back into GIMP, I still get the clipboard that GIMP copied. If I paste to yet another independent application, I get the correct clipboard data from the newly modified version from application mentioned before. Does the new GIMP somehow use an internal clipboard buffer, and, if so, is there a way to clear that buffer. :)

Psalm 109:8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Possible bug; need someone to independently verify this behavior.
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:40 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Hello, I can confirm this bug and as far as I know there's no option to clear Gimps buffer.

Using Gimp 2.10.0 from the otto-kesselgulasch ppa on Xubuntu 18.04.

Post subject: Re: Possible bug; need someone to independently verify this behavior.
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 1:07 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

windows 64.

I also can confirm this behaviour. (with same steps)

If I use "copy visible", I don't get this behaviour. Then it works as expected.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:26 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Appreciate the confirmation, Paul/iarga. Cool that. Confirmed that copying visible also cleared the GIMP buffer meaning I can afterwards paste a result back into GIMP from an external program (do this often when I use FotoSketcher). :)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:55 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

There is also another "similar" bug:
- if you have a filter with a parameter indicating a specific brush to use, the filter dows not show up
- if you set it to "None" it appears normally
Is seems the 2.10 does not manage properly the start of a filter with a predefined brush to use.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:12 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

I suspect there will be a 2.10.2 soon enough, Diego. GIMP 2.8x had frequent updates at the start then nada for a bit before they started adding features and corrections (started speeding the update releases up between 2.8.8 and 2.8.16 as I recall). :)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:18 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

If anyone finds a bug please check at Bugzilla and file a report if needed.

Bugs

Bug List

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:19 am  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

done (for my part)
filed bug # 795878

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:56 am  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

It's been so long that I've forgotten my username/password, Timelord. Going through the password retrieval process now. Maybe someone already submitted this bug; we shall see. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:12 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

Well; I didn't get my password reset email yet; resubmitted request. I did use an email surrogate service when I registered and it's possible it's not re-routing my email to my account (ran into this before; price you get for free service and they no longer are in this business but honor legacy folk like me; lol). Oh well. :)