It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GIMP Binaries request
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:31 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I have been searching the web but I do not find the files, perhaps someone here has some pre gimp 1.2 binaries for windows, or can point me to where they are.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: GIMP Binaries request
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:58 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Why are you after a very old version of Gimp?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:17 am  (#3) 
Script Coder

Gimp was initially a Linux-only application. It seems it wasn't ported to Windows until version 2.4. I you want to run that version, create a virtual box with an ancient Linux version and recompile from source.

(mental image of a beardy and tattoed hipster running Gimp 1.2 on scans of his Polaroid camera, because "bytes were better in that era")

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:25 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Not pre-Gimp 1.2 ....but intersting

Unfortunately I am a bit of a 'hoarder' and that includes software. So this from my 2003 archive, the earliest Gimp I have Gimp 1.2.5 This in a WinXP sp3 VM.

Anyone want to try it, download from my storage 8 MB (A bit different from the latest 188 MB Gimp 2.10.4 installer)

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... MvCFMaoG9y

Three files in the zip, gimp-1.2.5-20030729-setup-1.exe gtk+-1.3.0-20030717-setup-1.exe gimp-1.2.5-lzw.exe

As with all the early Gimp's install gtk+ first then Gimp. The lzw is for compressed file support (I think)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:16 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Tas_mania
I am interested in those because they were not as heavy as the rest, or so I have been told.

ofnuts
Yes there are windows binaries. Tor Lillqvist made them but they are not available at the site any more.

Rich2005
Nice posting, thanks for the tip.
lzw is for the gif format.