It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gimp Theme
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:27 am  (#1) 
Global Moderator

My 'dark' theme opened up today as a light grey.
I opened up preferences theme and it was still on dark so I tried the next one down (default) and it went to a dark grey :?:

EDIT: I closed gimp and reopened then opened up the preferences dialogue. Put theme back to dark and all is ok now.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Gimp Theme
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:46 am  (#2) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
sallyanne wrote:
I opened up preferences theme and it was still on dark so I tried the next one down (default) and it went to a dark grey :?:

EDIT: I closed gimp and reopened then opened up the preferences dialogue. Put theme back to dark and all is ok now.

That's a strange one sallyanne.
Good to know, that it's working now.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:53 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

sallyanne wrote:

Sometimes it seems to depend on the "splash" image you use. With my licorice theme sometimes i have to start several times as if it's picky on which splashes it(my theme) likes. :) I know this is the case because i removed all but 3 splashes it never has a problem with and it opened every time on first start. I replaced all the splash images and it started getting buggy again.So i decided to use a default dark theme for start and after it loads, edit>pref>themes to get my "metallic blue licorice" theme back. After i am done with GIMP i reset the theme to dark default and close GIMP. No problems at all now. :bigthup :clap
On another note if you use only the default splash (no splashes folder), then it is probably the theme itself. Is it one you added to the themes folder? Or did it come stock with your GIMP download/install?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:50 pm  (#4) 
Global Moderator

It is one that came with my Gimp Rod. I dont often install others.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:11 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

sallyanne wrote:
It is one that came with my Gimp Rod. I dont often install others.

GIMP-2.10 comes with quite a few themes. I am not sure about Parthas MAC version though. I believe his is shipped with a dark theme as default.