It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gimp-2.7.3 Comments
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:10 pm  (#51) 
GimpChat Member

Partha yep all good, I use Nodaka-Midnight and it doesn't seem to even require any excess DLLs :)

Partha mine got extracted by 7zip by default did I download the wrong thing?
and can I install in portable version?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:13 pm  (#52) 
GimpChat Member

Willy wrote:
Partha yep all good, I use Nodaka-Midnight and it doesn't seem to even require any excess DLLs :)

Partha mine got extracted by 7zip by default did I download the wrong thing?
and can I install in portable version?

That's right. You don't need any other DLLs. It's all included. So you are good to go. So, I think I have fulfilled my promise to you regarding themes for Gimp. :)

If you are using the portable version then go portable all the way. Otherwise, I would say, simply download the regular Gimp and you will be fine. Look under Regular Gimp on the website.

Thanks,
Partha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:58 am  (#53) 
GimpChat Member

Left a message at the Registry too, but will repeat here. I see the lqr dll file, but don't see the lqr plugin or see it in any of the drop menus. Could you point me to the actual compiled lqr plugin? Thanks. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:52 am  (#54) 
GimpChat Member

Partha you are sweet wonderfulness. :)
Thanks a bunch.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:09 am  (#55) 
GimpChat Member

Rod wrote:
Partha you are sweet wonderfulness. :)
Thanks a bunch.

You are welcome. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:02 am  (#56) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
Left a message at the Registry too, but will repeat here. I see the lqr dll file, but don't see the lqr plugin or see it in any of the drop menus. Could you point me to the actual compiled lqr plugin? Thanks. :)

Hey Lyle,

Looks like I goofed. Can you delete the lqr DLL and then unzip the attached file and put the resulting files in the gimp plug-ins directory? Then restart Gimp and please let me know if you see (and can use) the Liquid Rescale plugin under the Layers menu.

Sorry about that.

Partha

Attachments:
File comment: Gimp 2.7.3 64 bit Liquid Rescale Plugin
liquid-64bit.7z [52.82 KiB]
Downloaded 113 times
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:31 am  (#57) 
GimpChat Member

Thank for liquid resize all the rest i downloaded yesterday night till now everything is fine !!

i would love last gmic at 64 bit (david is restless yesterday uploaded a new version )

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:35 am  (#58) 
GimpChat Member

PhotoComix wrote:
Thank for liquid resize all the rest i downloaded yesterday night till now everything is fine !!

i would love last gmic at 64 bit (david is restless yesterday uploaded a new version )

Hey PC,

Long time no hear. :)

Thanks for the confirmation. I got some feedback that the portable version was missing Python. Have you seen that in your setup?

I will see about G'MIC. Is it significantly different from 1.4.9.4?

Partha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:58 am  (#59) 
GimpChat Member

Yep no Python in Portable version Partha,

Can I have portable and regular installed at the same time?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:07 am  (#60) 
GimpChat Member

Willy wrote:

Yes, you can Willy. You can put the portable one on a USB, and install the regular on your computer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:09 am  (#61) 
GimpChat Member

I installed GMIC 1.5 yesterday for Gimp-2.6.11 Portable 32 bit :)
Seems to have a new various menu listing.

:ninja :ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:20 am  (#62) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks Partha; there were 2 dlls; when I deleted the 1-0, I got an error so just kept it. Works great. Thanks. :)

Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:38 am  (#63) 
GimpChat Member

Rod wrote:
I installed GMIC 1.5 yesterday for Gimp-2.6.11 Portable 32 bit :)
Seems to have a new various menu listing.

:ninja :ninja

Rod & PC,

I see that G'MIC 1.5 is still beta and changing everyday. I will wait for the final release if you don't mind.

Thanks,
Partha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:36 pm  (#64) 
GimpChat Member

Willy wrote:

Hi Willy,

Sorry to read that you don't use Gimp anymore. :(

Anyway, would you be able to check again to see if Python is working now?

Thanks for all your help.

Partha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:35 am  (#65) 
GimpChat Member

No Problem, I use GIMP, just not for the graphics stuff as much, more for editing of my fractals.

Python-Fu is in the new one, thanks a ton Partha!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:48 am  (#66) 
GimpChat Member

Hy Partha
i tried again to install the normal version, again with no luck, filters doesn't show up except a few somehow imported from older gimp (i believe from the portable version of 2.6.11 since i should have no other gimp in the main HD ) also prefererence were imported so several incompatible scripts were loaded.

I remember how to fix, and even how to adapt the fix to no English locale so i am not asking for help
also because i am more then happy with the portable version that i re-installed later on and that works as a charme

I tried the Normal version just for testing, and for testing from the point of view of a average user that may not like fiddle with enviroment variables and that may have a computer language different from English

I could not understand why many prefer the standard not portable version, for sure in case of problems the portable version solve everything while as far i may see has no any disadvantage.
(well will not import preferences and so brushes pattern and other add on from older gimp...but that is a advantage in case of API changes as from 2.6 to 2.7, since most of imported script and plugin will be incompatible and trow a lot of errors messages )

Again thank for the great work ,(and ...again the portable version works as a charme)

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:30 am  (#67) 
GimpChat Member

In Gimp 2.7.3 (and 2.6.11) for Windows no local browser support - You have to add 2 files:
helpbrowser.exe (in the plug-ins directory) and libgtkhtml-2-0.dll (in the bin directory) - these files are attached.

Attachments:
Help Browser on Windows.png
Help Browser on Windows.png [ 38.45 KiB | Viewed 5682 times ]
helpbrowser.zip [150.26 KiB]
Downloaded 1962 times

Slava
Ukraini!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:46 am  (#68) 
GimpChat Member

PC - The only difference between portable and install is the user directories which stay the same after an update in the installed version.Updating the portable takes a bit more moving items around if you want to save things you added to it. :)

That is the only differences i see anyways.Other than that portable is like you said a problem solver.Especially for those who have problems getting a fresh install to work.I still can not figure that one out.

Mareo - thanks for the info on help browser.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:27 pm  (#69) 
GimpChat Member

PhotoComix wrote:
Hy Partha
i tried again to install the normal version, again with no luck, filters doesn't show up except a few somehow imported from older gimp (i believe from the portable version of 2.6.11 since i should have no other gimp in the main HD ) also prefererence were imported so several incompatible scripts were loaded.

I remember how to fix, and even how to adapt the fix to no English locale so i am not asking for help
also because i am more then happy with the portable version that i re-installed later on and that works as a charme

I tried the Normal version just for testing, and for testing from the point of view of a average user that may not like fiddle with enviroment variables and that may have a computer language different from English

I could not understand why many prefer the standard not portable version, for sure in case of problems the portable version solve everything while as far i may see has no any disadvantage.
(well will not import preferences and so brushes pattern and other add on from older gimp...but that is a advantage in case of API changes as from 2.6 to 2.7, since most of imported script and plugin will be incompatible and trow a lot of errors messages )

Again thank for the great work ,(and ...again the portable version works as a charme)

Hi PC,

Good to hear from you! :)

Have you tried the latest version from my website (based on August 6th git)? It comes with an installer and you don't have to do anything with environmental variables. It is all done for you. In fact, you can uninstall it from the control panel if you don't like. If there are locale issues with the installer, let's talk about it. I would really like to hear what the issues are. Note that I have had people from all over the world install the versions I have been putting up.

Hi Rob,

For the portable version, I create a local .gimp-2.7 directory at the same level as the other directories where you install the portable version. So, any additions you want, you can make to that directory. When you want to install another portable version then save the current .gimp-2.7 somewhere. After installation, , run the portable version and then simply merge your saved .gimp-2.7 back with the newly created .Gimp-2.7. Does this make sense? :)

Thanks,
Partha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:19 pm  (#70) 
GimpChat Member

yes was the last version with the installer .
I may try again i only noticed that no filters were available except a few imported from gimp 2.6 (portable even installed in a no standard location as C:/gimportable 2.6.11 ) i didn't dig more i just tought was a problem with the enviroment variable.

I may try again if may help, if worked well for others i suspect a issue with the computer locale language ,my is in Italian
Would be nice if somebody else with the computer in French or Spanish may test, maybe here or in the flickr group we may found some guinea pig...
7 is a bit tricky, should always consider english and translated names as alias (i.e. "Programmi" and "Program Files" should be seen by 7 as equivalent ) but in pratice this not always happens.

PS yes i noticed the installer ..cool :hi5

Mrs Wilbress

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next