It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new to gimp and have a question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:13 pm  (#1) 

i started with gimp last week and everything was working perfect. try using it today (i changed no settings) and i am having the problem below.

i am trying to draw a straight line both horizontal and vertical with the pencil. the horizontal line comes out prefect same color all the way across. however the vertical line starts out the same color as horizontal line but gradually changes colors and then when i draw another line from the end of the vertical line the color is completely different than the one i have selected. i need to figure out how and why this is happening cause i need the line to be the same solid color no fading to a new color.

wish i knew how to post a screen shot to so everyone can see the issue.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: new to gimp and have a question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:20 pm  (#2) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
starsfan69 wrote:
i started with gimp last week and everything was working perfect. try using it today (i changed no settings) and i am having the problem below.

i am trying to draw a straight line both horizontal and vertical with the pencil. the horizontal line comes out prefect same color all the way across. however the vertical line starts out the same color as horizontal line but gradually changes colors and then when i draw another line from the end of the vertical line the color is completely different than the one i have selected. i need to figure out how and why this is happening cause i need the line to be the same solid color no fading to a new color.

I would start by looking at the Tool Options Dialog.
To see if the dynamics have changed.
Such as Color From Gradient or some other unwanted settings within the Tool Options.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:12 pm  (#3) 

thanks for the tip. i made the changes you suggested and it is still doing the gradient thing. i have tried googling gradient and no one can explain why i have gradient "off" and it is still doing the gradient thing. it is as if gimp has a mind of it's own. will try deleting and reinstalling gimp one last time then i will delete for good and try another program.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:16 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

starsfan69 wrote:

You ought to be able to upload a screenshot at the bottom of the screen when you are typing a message...it says choose file, add the file, then submit post

Attachments:
Screen Shot 18.jpg
Screen Shot 18.jpg [ 109.31 KiB | Viewed 3665 times ]