It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm confident some of you guys are smart enough to make GEGL filters
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:56 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I'm not as smart as some of the programmers here that make new filters using math. All I know is GEGL syntax and the logic of the gegl c files. I am not a programmer. I am hoping that some you can step up and make GEGL filters of your own. On GEGL.org you can learn gegl syntax and downloading GEGL's source code you can study the c files of the filters. I hope one of you guys beats me at my own game. The possibilities that GEGL can do makes me excited.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: I'm confident some of you guys are smart enough to make GEGL filte
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:34 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

Thank you for the vote of confident, contrast_. I myself will like to start creating Gegl plugins, but since there are no tutorials I feel like when I learned GIMP python. I had to self instruct just like you with Gegl. I know is going to take me a little time but I will get it. Thank you again! :tyspin

Post subject: Re: I'm confident some of you guys are smart enough to make GEGL filte
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:18 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Also feel free to contest me at my own game by making your own text styling filters that may be better then mine. I will be remembered as the one that pioneered the meta of third party GEGL filters, but certainly not the best GEGL filter maker, lol. Give it a few years and none of these "zz" operations will be needed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:44 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Perhaps a tutorial would be a good thing? :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:59 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

contrast_ wrote:
Also feel free to contest me at my own game by making your own text styling filters that may be better then mine. I will be remembered as the one that pioneered the meta of third party GEGL filters, but certainly not the best GEGL filter maker, lol. Give it a few years and none of these "zz" operations will be needed.

Well looks it was far less then that in timing. GEGL Effects is now the only major filter that still has hidden operations and it is going to be replaced by GEGL:Styles which will have no hidden ops. Looks like I will be remembered for both quality and pioneering GEGL. Though I am interested in seeing GEGL filter makers of the future.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:28 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

contrast_ wrote:
contrast_ wrote:

Well looks it was far less then that in timing. GEGL Effects is now the only major filter that still has hidden operations and it is going to be replaced by GEGL:Styles which will have no hidden ops. Looks like I will be remembered for both quality and pioneering GEGL. Though I am interested in seeing GEGL filter makers of the future.

Sounds like a challenge.