It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A tree of topics?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:14 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

A simple suggestion to the Gimp-chat global moderator/organizer.
Since half a year -or something like that- the number of chatters has increased a lot: good news!
also the number of topics did so, not to say the number of posts.
Currently, if you re-enter the chat after one day or so, you have some difficulty to find again the topic of your main interest.
Hence my humble suggestion:
would it be possible to create/use automatically a kind of "second level index" of approximately 7-10 entries to group the topics, so that it is always the first page shown upon entry?
Mainly, these "topic groups" are already there, but they are not used as initial filter, so that when you enter maybe you find ten topics on Gimp Art (I'd like to see just one entry for Gimp Art, then by clicking on it get all recent topics on that subject, if I want to); in other case this group does not exist yet (think for instance to the area of text/fonts creation/manipulation...).

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: A tree of topics?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:38 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

This exists in Board Index.
Their is also Google Search under our search menu form.
Also you can select the "Subscribe Topic" button and you will be notified of newer posts for the topic.

Post subject: Re: A tree of topics?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:02 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks Rod.
Well, from time to time I use the Board index, but it's not exactly what I meant.
1-because also in there there are multiple entries for the same macro-topic
2-because (and this is more important) I was thinking to something like the filter index inside GMIC, where you have a "+" beside you can click on and get a detailed list (in the case of GIMPCHAT it is obviously not possible to get the complete detail, maybe -let me say-: the last 7-10 entries)